Shitty build thread!!

Datsundude123

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and sense I figured out how to post pictures from my phone I've decided to make a build thread on my 1977 Datsun 620

It's a slow build but I'm hoping by the time I'm done my truck will look amazing! She's not running at the moment because I'm waiting on my electronic distributor but what I've done so far is I've painted mostly everything thing in the engine bay, completely took the motor apart cleaning it and putting new gaskets on it, the inside isn't too bad! I've got some cheapish leather racing seats. Other than the 1 small crack in the dash it's pretty clean. She's got a few rust holes on the bed but I'm taking it over to my brothers soon and we are going to cut out the rust holes and weld metal in place.

Im slowly starting to get it ready for paint but that isn't my main priority at the moment.

I'm sorry if my "right up" is kinda shit I've never used a forum before.

20160329_011845_zpsdknlb5jd.png

20160329_020203_zpswprd05kd.jpg

20160329_020348_zps1qgwfhl2.png

• Like 3
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the ebrake is the last component inside the drums. Take the wheel off, drum off. Now behind the axle hub you will see the cable coming in. It goes from front and attaches to the rear half via a ball end the same way your hood cable works. Just look and you will understand

the ebrake is the last component inside the drums. Take the wheel off, drum off. Now behind the axle hub you will see the cable coming in. It goes from front and attaches to the rear half via a ball end the same way your hood cable works. Just look and you will understand

Will I have to take the brake pads off?

If you just cut the cable/housing outside the brake backing plate so you don't have to disassemble anything, but then you run the risk of the cable end fouling the brakes shoes. Just do the work, learn the process. If you're not capable, pay someone who is. :devil:

Definitely capable just wanted to make sure!

Thanks.

• Like 1