510 Wagon

Well I've been thinking about selling my wagon and I figured i'd post it here and see if any of you guys are interested before I put it up on craigslist or something.

1972 510 wagon. It is almost 100% stock. Automatic transmission with a L16 (1.6L). Just installed a brand new 32/36 Webber. Doesn't have a radio or speakers. Just had wheel cylinders and front wheel bearings replaced. Currently at the shop right now having all the fluids replaced and getting the motor and brakes checked out.

One issue that comes to mind is the rough condition of the rear hatch. Another issue would be that the front seats are pretty worn but that is to be expected of a 30+ year old car (the front seats are from a 2dr). Tires will likely have to be replaced car has been sitting for a LONG time before I got it. I'm sure the next owner would be swapping wheels off it anyways. Oh and its missing its hatch vents.

Car is has only surface rust and pretty much all of it is on the rear hatch. Floors are solid. I'm looking for $1500. Clean oregon title, fresh plates and tags this year.

You can see my progress and build up in my project thread.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=5465

0909081321.jpg

0909081321a.jpg

0909081322.jpg

Anyways, let me know if your interested. Its a clean wagon, paint is so-so. I rattle canned it but did a pretty nice job imho. :D

PS: Yes that is an original vinyl roof.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man -- don't be a quitter. Keep it. Still got the Z seats?

Eh, kind of tired of the old car thing right now. Sort of need to get a pretty reliable daily driver car, especially since it's starting to get in to the colder months. Considering selling my silver car too since it only sits. I just don't think I could get what I want for it. :(

I still have the Z seats but I don't think i'll be getting up your way for a long time.

With all the work you've done/had done, it isn't reliable? :mellow:

it should be. I just tend to worry excessively when it comes to older vehicles. Makes it hard for me to drive them around. It'd be nice to have something newer. Since the only vehicles I have to my name are made from 70-72. :lol:

If he's not comfortable about daily driving a '72, I doubt a '76 is gonna make him feel much better.

Me, I prefer the older cars. Yeah, they aren't as comfortable or as quiet or have all the modern gegaws, but they got soul. I can also work on 'em unlike modern shit.

Can't wait to have my '66's (411 wagon and roadster) on the road. Neither can my wife....she wants me to stop driving her 2002 Miata. :D

I'd rather daily drive the 510 that I have put together - every nut and bolt than a new car. I know how to fix it. I know what's in it. And it is fun to drive! I drive rental cars at work every day.. No thanks!

it should be. I just tend to worry excessively when it comes to older vehicles. Makes it hard for me to drive them around. It'd be nice to have something newer. Since the only vehicles I have to my name are made from 70-72. :lol:

'new' doesnt make em any more reliable :mellow:

i keep a tool box w/me at all times (justincase ;) )

'new' doesnt make em any more reliable :mellow:

That is true, my F-350 I had to dump a ton of money into it to replace fuel injetors and sensors and a few other things that were going out on it. I put enough money into it it would have paid for my build on my KC

yeah, we'll see what happens with the wagon. At the moment I'm stealing the wheels from my silver car and using them on the wagon for a while till I figure things out. Hopefully get a couple pictures snapped and send them in to the DQ calendar. They could use some more wagons. :D

Put up an add on CL yesterday and haven't gotten a single call or email. Guess people aren't buying 510's right now. :confused:

Oh well.

On a side note, check out the next issue of Nissan Sport Magazine where my car seems to have some nice magazine space.

Edited by Gensaiken
Put up an add on CL yesterday and haven't gotten a single call or email. Guess people aren't buying 510's right now. :confused:

You just gotta be a Datsun person to want a wagon... If it were a 2 door, it would be gone in a hot second... EVERYONE wants a 510 2 door, only Datsun people want wagons... I'd love another (HL?) 510 wagon, like my old 78. I shoulda taken better care of that car :(

You just gotta be a Datsun person to want a wagon... If it were a 2 door, it would be gone in a hot second... EVERYONE wants a 510 2 door, only Datsun people want wagons... I'd love another (HL?) 510 wagon, like my old 78. I shoulda taken better care of that car :(

Yeah that is true. Wagons are sort of becomming a lot more popular as people can't find or afford decent 2 and 4drs. HL's.. now there is an aquired taste ;)

wanna trade for a 720 datto truck i need some more room. id like to have a running driving goon. i posted a thread but i'm to lazy to look for it lol.

Unfortunately i'm not a big fan of the 720's. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.