Small block 521

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So hubs with the race bearings worked well, no wobbling when truck is on the jack and I shake the tire. Also spins by hand, which is a plus. May replace master cylinder as it still has some resistance

image_zpsp1g6yv9f.jpg

Carb has been leaking a little out of the accelerator diaphragm and it appears to been repaired with some rtv or gasket maker in the past. it was fully turned into jello.

• Like 1

image_zpsbvxioggb.jpg

image_zpslsbvzqj1.jpg

image_zps3aexckez.jpg

image_zpsx4dteel0.jpg

Fuel gauge is in and working, had some trouble with it after installation since it wasn't reading anything. Miraculously after moving it around the driveway it started working. Also I noticed my tires had some positive camber so I'm gonna make some drop in shims to get it as close as my eyeball can. Thinking of just taking some aluminum barstock and milling out a half inch channel in the center and cutting some .0625s and some .125s maybe even a quarter because it looks to be pretty out

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image_zpscci3kyss.jpg

image_zpsyp7sak9i.jpg

Been driving it around the neighborhood a little lately haven't fully got my feet wet with a drive longer than 30 minutes but I'm definetly loving this thing. The truck had an e fan that seemed to turn well but never kept the temps down so today I slapped on a plastic one. Shroud will be next. Temps never got over 180 except when I parked it, it went up 10 degrees then started to decline.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a 60 something amp alternator on Cl for ten bucks and the guy just gave me a chrome 100 amp alt for free! He broke the post off and didn't care enough to fix it and just bought another one. So I gutted my burnt out one and now have a tits chromie plus a backup for 10 bucks and a hour of my time

image_zpskj5bwzd3.jpg

• Like 2