Small block 521

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a 521 at a salvage yard in Sacramento that will pull and ship a set of hubs for 100 bucks so I'm kinda leaning towards that direction as I just need to finish this damn truck. I'll certainly use the suggestions you guys have given to fix my muddled ones when I'm able to give them the proper attention, so thanks fellas

• Like 1

image_zpsqf63rfut.jpg

image_zpsmt4flwoq.jpg

So the first image is the hub on the truck that came with it when I bought it, the second is the a set that came from a jy 521 and also from lookin around on Google seems to be a true 521 wheel hub... So what I'm wondering is what the hell is the first hub from? It didn't have any flats on the back but bearings sat nicely on the spindle so maybe a year specific hub or something? Any help would be killer, more pics this afternoon when I get back to taking it all apart again

• Like 1

image_zpsswrnou2e.jpg

So I believe my previous dilema was caused due to having the wrong rear bearing installed, the junkyard hub bearing was just a normal looking bearing.. But the hub that was on the truck had a "race" of sorts. So Im thinking maybe without the race the other bearing was slopping around on the spindle, they swapped right out and the new and improved one is awaiting testing

• Like 1