havin yet another problem

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shit ya help would be sweet! im not sure what to do really guys, i've already takin the clutch an pp off, the alignment tool wont even go in the pilot bushing.. i called an got a price quote of $4 for a new bushing but they ahve to order it, i dont get what happend exaclty.. did the weight of the clutch throw the alignment tool off so when i was tightening the PP it got all out of wack?? an then triyin to put the tranny in prolly messed up the pilot bushing.. when ever yall wanna hit me up send me a pm an we can sort out a time or something.. kinda broke but might be able to get some beer :) if either of you have a engine hoist it make make this easier.. i just want to drive my damn truck

i dont get what happend exaclty.. did the weight of the clutch throw the alignment tool off so when i was tightening the PP it got all out of wack??

That's exactly what happened. That's also why your alignment tool wouldn't come back out. That is why I suggested you do it the way I described. So that you keep an eye on what the clutch is doing while your tightening the bolts.

As to the bushing.....Sucks dude. Just buy a new one and install as per my suggestion and it will go right in.;) and out and in and out and............:D

NO, IT'S NOT! It should slide in and out very easily. If you had ANY trouble getting the alignment tool OUT, then your going to have a hard time getting the tranny back in. Think about it, the alignment tool is so tight that it has to be perfect to take it out. How well do you think your tranny has to be aligned to get back in????:rolleyes:

Put the tool back in and loosen the bolts that hold you clutch in, with the tool in, roll it in a circle to find were your clutch would be centered. Snug up the bolt a little and do it again. Keep this going until are sure it is centered. Your tool should now be able to slide freely.

That's exactly what happened. That's also why your alignment tool wouldn't come back out. That is why I suggested you do it the way I described. So that you keep an eye on what the clutch is doing while your tightening the bolts.

As to the bushing.....Sucks dude. Just buy a new one and install as per my suggestion and it will go right in.;) and out and in and out and............:D

so your sayin when i retighten the pp down i should keep checking to make sure the tool will come out.. (or that its centered) an bein that it comes out "easy" everything should be aligned? kinda confused there a bit :( should i be turning the flywheel while i tighten the bolts?? i did do the bolts in a star pattern but had to turn the fly wheel to access the next few bolts ect. i tightened it down little by little in a star pattern, almost the same as when you do for our 6 lug wheels

hopefully tomorrow i have a chance to get under there an yank the damn tranny back out so i can get a good look at the pilot bushing

Ya, you want to get the bolts just tight enought that you can still move the Pressure plate around but if you let go of the alignment tool it will stay put. Now find the center with the alignment tool by moving it in a circular motion. When you think you have the PP in the center, tighten two bolt accross from each other and try to take the alignment tool out. If it come out and will reinstall EASILY then your good to go. Tighten the rest of the bolts and recheck. If all is good, put that damn tranny in.

I hope I'm helping and not confusing the issue.

ok so i went out an got the tranny out from under the truck (was in place ready to go in) anyway im 99.9% sure i fucked the pilot bushing up, the alignment tool doesnt even wanna go in the hole. it will but only with force.. then it leaves scrape marks on the tool.. i think theres a lip on the bushing prolly cause i fucked it up putting it in, can i just sand that down a little or should i replace it or what.. i wish i had a metal alignment tool so i could do the grease method of gettin the pilot bushing out

i dont know what your smokin, but the one i took out of the engine in the first place was a pain in the ass to chizzle out, not to mention i kinda scored the inside where the bushing sits i smoothed it out but had i not been payin attention it could of gotten really bad, i really want to try the grease method, but if worse comes to worse i do know how to chizzle it out.. its just hard to do while layin under the truck swingin a hammer holdin a flash light in my shoulder/chin lol :P

basicly its cold, im broke.. an sick an tired of fucking with it... i need to get the old bushing out, an buy a new one.. with the weather the way it is an bein broke an shit i've lost all momentum at the moment, i guess i will call the part store an have them order the bushing.. they say it wont be there for 3-4 days tho