j15 build

81sunnyson

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest J15s were in Mexico I think. The J and the A series engines were made about the same time with the A more closely related to the previous E series engines. The J15 is a J13 bored out with larger pistons. Other than the head gasket, pistons and rings, I imaging most J13 parts and gaskets fit it. The J15 head might be cast iron while the J13 was aluminum.

• Like 1

im running j15 style forklift carb on my 81 a15 that had bad rings....was awesome despite oil burning/overheating....go cross town and back 40 plus mile on 1.3 gallons or so

rev to 3500/4000 on hwy and if i put my foot just right on the peddle it would just keep accelerating even though the tach would sit still

id be floating past people... here our speed limit is 65 and id be passing people ....overtaking people

easily doing over 75 and it would just sit at 4000

had a big accel coil on it/autolite 64s...whatever stock 81 h95 cam is

better radiator and i probably could hit 90 lol

to make carb fit i had to run two separate trans dapt car adapters...like 2107 and 23 something

so manifold has like a four inch spacer in between it and carb

noticeable difference over stock hitachi and makes cool whoosh when i shift but that may be due to using dremel to smooth runners on intake lol