I need help with my seat belts in my 68

Icehouse

I'm not much of a fan of them, my seatbelt ticket record is proof of that (over 13). Some of my passengers like them though.. So like any datto owner I went through my box o belts, after trying a few sets I realize they are all to short. I talked to Carter about it, so he brought his hole box o belts. Making sure I grabbed the longest set, still all to short. The car didn't come with belts or much of anything for that mater, I didn't have enough "I" bolts to use the oldschool belts so I used the newer ones. Is that my problem? Do I have to use the "I" bolt belts with the clip deal?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not much of a fan of them, my seatbelt ticket record is proof of that (over 13). Some of my passengers like them though.. So like any datto owner I went through my box o belts, after trying a few sets I realize they are all to short. I talked to Carter about it, so he brought his hole box o belts. Making sure I grabbed the longest set, still all to short. The car didn't come with belts or much of anything for that mater, I didn't have enough "I" bolts to use the oldschool belts so I used the newer ones. Is that my problem? Do I have to use the "I" bolt belts with the clip deal?

Can you take a picture?

Front driverpassenger or rear passengers?

The 68 belts are longer and tricky to put together if you undo it.

are they just lap belts or lap and shoulder? if there just lap belts why not go to the yard and pull some out of an old mustang or order replicas for an old stang they look trick ive been considering it in mine but mine has shoulder belts already so i couldnt go that route but at this point im saying fucki ti 5 point!! :D

not sure if i fully understand the problem... but the later 620 uses retractables that would work for a 510. my 75 came the the non retractables that looked exactly like the ones all my dimes had, I put the newer 620 belts in, so I'd venture to guess the retractables would work in a dime too.

The only one I've tried as retractable seat belt is from a 1st gen 200sx or 1970-73 510 seat belts.

1968 510 came with lap belt only with those "I" hook anchor.

Any of you have ever adjusted one of these seat belts?

Well I would like to keep it factory, I don't like retractible belts either.

The front belts are the one's I'm having problems with. Right now I have no belts in there. Basically with the seat all the way back (6'1/2" tall) I could barely get the belt on and it was very tight. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on.

hmm well if you have the factory belts there adjustable right do they actually adjust or are they stuck ive dealt with this issue on my dads 66 mustang (the sticking) another thing you could do is make a bracket that will give you a few inches from the orignial mount that way it stays all original and looks factory but your not cutting yourself in half everytime you buckle the seat belt or making the floorpan swiss cheese

$15 at Autozone will get you an aftermarket lap belt. There's two lengths...get the longer ones. They're not as cool as the stockers, but they're a lot easier to adjust and safer(new material)

If you want retractables....check DQ...they have a writeup(not sure if it's only in print).

I got aftermarket retractables for my 620 off of ebay, they are made by AutoLoc (oregon based company) and bolted right up to my truck. I got the pair for like $35 and it says that they are covered by all the regulations.

It came with the hardware and the receptacle with the long arm like cars use--bolts to the seat.

Did you know that Nissan seatbelts have a lifetime warranty? I found out when the drivers belt in our Xterra broke. Had it replaced by Performance Nissan in Everett for free. Don't know if they still have '68 belts though :P