I'm having a mid-life crisis. So what do you do when that happens?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it be a datsun, get with the program dawg! :lol:

No shit. Been looking for a little British car project for many, many years. Finally gave up and just bought a Roadster.  :rofl:

But seeing what some of the parts for it cost, not so sure I made the right choice now...   :crying:

• Like 2

No shit. Been looking for a little British car project for many, many years. Finally gave up and just bought a Roadster.  :rofl:

But seeing what some of the parts for it cost, not so sure I made the right choice now...   :crying:

Never thought I't see the day. What's the world coming to? Anarchy, cat sleeping with dogs... 

• Like 1

But for how long?

All the parts I sell last forever!!  :D  I like the 4x4 idea.  Already thought of the widebody Miata option.  The problem is it's REALLY wide and long.  Plus matching the tie-in points would be pretty hard.  There's an A15 in Omak, but I really don't feel like driving three hours to drag a non-running 210 back.  It's the slant back ugly version too.  If it was a coupe, maybe.  That's the easy way out anyway.  Think I'm going to go measure the engine bay and see how hard it would be to fit a 6 cylinder.  L series.

All the parts I sell last forever!!   :D  I like the 4x4 idea.  Already thought of the widebody Miata option.  The problem is it's REALLY wide and long.  Plus matching the tie-in points would be pretty hard.  There's an A15 in Omak, but I really don't feel like driving three hours to drag a non-running 210 back.  It's the slant back ugly version too.  If it was a coupe, maybe.  That's the easy way out anyway.  Think I'm going to go measure the engine bay and see how hard it would be to fit a 6 cylinder.  L series.

The one in Omak is a coupe. 

I keep coming across a sedan in my CL searches. Please hold. 

Keith, that 210 is way too nice to yank the motor out of.  I'd just drive it.

Paradime, WHAT THE FUCK, WHERE DID I GET A TOYOTA BUG IN MY ASS?!!  WHO THE FUCK LET THAT HAPPEN?!! GET THE RID-X!!  :D

• Like 4

Yeah, I'm thinking I'd still like to do a chassis of some sort.  The problem with all that cutting is the body is very lightly put together.  Perfectly fine for a 50 hp motor, but you start getting beyond double the power, and it's not like a 510 for chassis rigidity.  Really thin sheet metal and it will most definitely twist.  Not to mention the suspension is lacking, though it looks like the bugeye was retrofitted with some decent wishbones.  I can probably do that on the midget too.  But having something else entirely wouldn't be a bad thing.  Especially if it was a go-kart like frame with the body perched on top.