1976 620... My hunk of love/junk

que_syrah

New to ratsun! Hello, all.

I've recently rescued this darling truck with the intentions of giving it a better life. I'm going to be starting a build thread, I think that is appropriate!

Brand new to the car world. Haven't owned a vehicle in a long time and barely have one now  :lol:

I'm really excited to learn about it as I go, I know it needs a ton of work. First on the list: find the oil leak... second: fix the oil leak... third: fix the electronics. 

It's pretty dirty... gritty, man, real gritty.

It's looking a little dire under the hood. I'll post a link to my project thread when I get it started, probably tomorrow 

yx0097n.png

yjDlshd.png

9vpUDaP.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You got a stock tach already installed? Does it work? That's insane. Gauge bezel has a Crack right above the speedo, shouldn't be too hard to source I "new" one for that. Looks like wa plates? Nice looking rig for a start of a project dude. Does your wiper know light up? Looks like it should.

More oics of interior and sides. Maybe some of the engine bay please. Welcome to ratsun

• Like 3

Nice first post , we don't get to many lady datsun lovers around here .

So welcome , you found the coolest place to learn and share the evolution of your datsun .

Nice looking start , oh and they all leak oil and always will , but there are a few main things to check which will keep it managed .

Good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions , we love em .! and keep posting pictures we love them too !

• Like 3

Welcome to Ratsun Sarah, nice introduction post and nice '76. Looks like the dash dimming switch is missing but trust me, why they put a dimmer switch on the dash lights is a mystery to me. I always carry a flashlight at night to read the gauges. The little black tips are also missing off the instrument bezel 'cones'. Check out the want ads for some.

• Like 1

Welcome to Ratsun Sarah, nice introduction post and nice '76. Looks like the dash dimming switch is missing but trust me, why they put a dimmer switch on the dash lights is a mystery to me. I always carry a flashlight at night to read the gauges. The little black tips are also missing off the instrument bezel 'cones'. Check out the want ads for some.

Thanks! None of the dash gauges/lights are working at present... that gives me somewhat of a place to start, before I dive into a deep electronics education. 

Nice first post , we don't get to many lady datsun lovers around here .

So welcome , you found the coolest place to learn and share the evolution of your datsun .

Nice looking start , oh and they all leak oil and always will , but there are a few main things to check which will keep it managed .

Good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions , we love em .! and keep posting pictures we love them too !

I appreciate that! Everyone here seems super helpful. I'll have plenty of novice questions for everybody to snicker at, I'm sure.

:thumbup:

• Like 1