• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

today I learned that practicing yoga might just mean you support genocide, cultural appropriation and western supremacy.

Free Ottawa yoga class scrapped over 'cultural issues'

Jennifer Scharf, who has been offering free weekly yoga instruction to students since 2008, says she was shocked when told in September the program would be suspended, and saddened when she learned of the reasoning.

Staff at the Centre for Students with Disabilities believe that "while yoga is a really great idea and accessible and great for students ... there are cultural issues of implication involved in the practice," according to an email from the centre.

The centre official argues since many of those cultures "have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy ... we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves while practising yoga."

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/20/free-ottawa-yoga-class-scrapped-over-cultural-issues#.VlCafq4H0Po.facebook

d793d939179baccbbea4b0b88ce766af.jpg

amputee_girl_on_floor_by_oliver_cast-d8r

This top one gets me to an oft wondered quandary;

Namely, "how does a person lacking in upper limbs wipe their nether regions after toiletting?"

A rag tied to a stick?..Do they pay someone to do it for them?...Just forget about it and hope for the best?

Namely, "how does a person lacking in upper limbs wipe their nether regions after toiletting?"

A rag tied to a stick?..Do they pay someone to do it for them?...Just forget about it and hope for the best?

Ok. That does it. You broke Insomniacs.

IBTL. This is why we should quit having guest appearances in here.

• Like 3

Bidet.

• Like 2