datson4life

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This mount on the intake side, the other stays stock

I dont know what u mean by intake support

The intake side of the KA uses a steel bar to support the cantilevered intake. This takes the tension load of the intake off the head bolts. The mount on that side needs to wrap around this support. 

This is a picture of one of my mounts that I screwed up on. The leg shifted before final welding. Had I not f'd them up during fab they would have cleared, but I redesigned them for more clearance in this area anyways. 

IMG_01206.jpg

Here is my screwed up mount compared to the stock mount

IMG_01208.jpg

Credit for the photos go to Heretic, thankfully he was patient with me and got a set of the redesigned mounts. 

That's what all mounts do.

Is it for the left or right?

Is there only one needed?

That mount is for the passenger side. Use this  with the drivers side mount. The drives mount is somewhat symmetrical.

You can see the differences in this shot. You can kinda tell the opening is wider on these than the one up in Heretics pics.

Drivers side is on the left, passenger mount on the right.  

IMG_3263.jpg

I am curious if the motor ends up level side to side or if it kicks up a bit on the passenger side with the custom 521 mount? 

• Like 4

Blackmarkit's mount brings it up 3/4 inch on passenger side and i believe rotates the back of engine a little bit, like 1/4 inch, it basically makes the oil pan level, sorry i suck at explaining things and im at work typing quick

Also ka isn't perfectly aligned like L series, the mount holes are different by about 1/4 inch, so a ka can bolt right up but the rubber 521 mounts would be too stretched and sketchy

• Like 2

Blackmarkit's mount brings it up 3/4 inch on passenger side and i believe rotates the back of engine a little bit, like 1/4 inch, it basically makes the oil pan level, sorry i suck at explaining things and im at work typing quick

Also ka isn't perfectly aligned like L series, the mount holes are different by about 1/4 inch, so a ka can bolt right up but the rubber 521 mounts would be too stretched and sketchy

That's perfect then :)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im a newb to suspension and axles still, so bare with me. Bought this 521 with a blown diff, installed another diff, and now fried new diff, its a ka24de with hard stage 3 clutch , solid mounts, and 1 piece driveline. .....previous owner lowered it with 3 inch non angled blocks, and the positionof axle seems iincorrect right?

CAM03925_zps4t98sxmb.jpg

• Like 3