truck needs to go fast faster

TasoZ24

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TACH

Assuming the tach is working, then it's in the connection to the intake coil negative POSITIVE where it gets it's signal from. Look on the main harness between the driver's headlights and the coils fro a lump all taped up. This is the inline resistor for the tach. If your tach has never worked perhaps a PO installed it and didn't know about the in line resistor. There will be a two wire plug even if the resistor isn't there. Have a look for this lump.. 

• Like 1

When I used a wire in the resistor I was getting a bit of vibration, nothing while on intake coil negative side. I clipped a male conector in the resistor on the blue white wire side, other side has blue wire with red stripeys. Dont know about other wire will look into later

• Like 1

ok Truck Norris is liking the weber and premium gas, mpg is about the same. now my transmission is making a horrible noise in neutral with clutch pedal out. looking into this ive come to find out i must breakdown my transmission and replace bearings if they havent destroyed everything around them. ive came in contact with a laptop and plan on making a pic filled thread of the process. or would it be easier to pull used tranny from a junk yard? figured they would be a time bomb for same issues.

• Like 1

Pull the transmission out now, maybe it is savable, it didn't necessarily destroy the case yet, it's when fluid starts coming out of the clutch area that the outlook is not good.

When the bearing cage starts coming apart it can make a lot of noise, or it might not make a sound at all, but it's when people keep driving it till it stops moving, that is when it's time to find another transmission, I have changed a lot of bad bearings without any more issues, but I fix it right away normally, the only exception is my diesel 521 kingcab, it has made noise since the day I put the new machined front case and lower bearing on the front of the transmission gearset , I believe that the lower cluster gear bearing hole was just a tad bit to small, and the bearing grudgingly went in, it didn't want to go in, but I coaxed it in, it's made noise since(almost 5 years).

• Like 1

I topped off when I got it. Changed it in early january, started making tiny bit of noise a week or so ago. Put in gear lube with no silencing or getting worse. Cruising in through fred myer parking lot and LOUD grinding in neutral. Made it home fine, noise is always there but loud only every one in a while. Not driving anymore until figured out.

• Like 1

Yeah sorry to see we are having same issues wayno. Tranny comin out tomorrow. Taking pics as well will be posting tomorrow night. And tranny case does have oil on it. Looks like the little shock absorber busted and sprayed all over the place, will be replacing as well. Luckily my money spurts have been overlapping

• Like 1

Yeah sorry to see we are having same issues wayno. Tranny comin out tomorrow. Taking pics as well will be posting tomorrow night. And tranny case does have oil on it. Looks like the little shock absorber busted and sprayed all over the place, will be replacing as well. Luckily my money spurts have been overlapping

Mine is not an issue yet, it's made the noise since day one, now if the noise changes, that is when I will start to worry.

I had this happen to the work truck recently,

DSCN3966.JPG

DSCN3967.JPG

It made noise, but when I pulled it I was surprised about how it had not ate anything because of the noise it made, well when I finished replacing the bearing and I put it back together and started it, it was just as noisy as it was before, It turned out that the noise was a bolt hitting the fan blade, I had 2 issues at the same time.

The damage to the fan blade from the bolt backing out of the water pump.

DSCN3970.JPG

I imagine that if I had pulled the transmission and found nothing wrong I would have been depressed, but I did have 2 different sounds, the fan sound came on second, and I thought it was the bearing destroying itself, but that sound turned out to be the fan getting destroyed.

• Like 1