A 510 With an L Engine

That's kinda rude to the new guy,, don't you think??  Seriously it's this guys BUILD THREAD.  Now we can't ask legit questions in our own BUILD threads about getting parts ??  We have to take every question about getting parts to the "classified section" ??

power hungry much?

That needs to be in the Classifieds section not here.... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/8-brakes/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

There are Left and Right anti rattle clips so specify.

Early 610 and 710 also used them so expand your search to those too. (My '74 710 has them)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll get a lot more visibility for specific parts like that in the classifieds. I think that is what Mike was getting at, not that you can't ask for parts in your own build thread.

I also think your hammock is a little tight on your banana :P

• Like 2

Ratsun I need your help. I will post some progress oics tomorrow, but right now there's a part I need.

20150621_205338_zpsgxyk6mk5.jpg

I have the left one, I don't have the right side one. If anyone has an extra one of these, I'll happily buy it from them. Let me know ASAP

I think you can get new ones on ebay.

That's kinda rude to the new guy,, don't you think??  Seriously it's this guys BUILD THREAD.  Now we can't ask legit questions in our own BUILD threads about getting parts ??  We have to take every question about getting parts to the "classified section" ??

power hungry much?

It could have been worded better, yes. If looking for a part, (who has one, will you sell it to me) it's the classifieds. If looking for information about parts, it's the forum. It's fine to ask where would I find this part, or who sells them. Answer .... wrecking yard, Nissan dealer, Rock Auto, NAPA, O'Rielies, e-Bay, craigslist etc.

I also added info that includes other models that also used them that will increase the odds of finding one.

There are Left and Right anti rattle clips so specify.

Early 610 and 710 also used them so expand your search to those too. (My '74 710 has them)

Here's more...

510/610/710 anti-rattle clips Nissan part numbers.

Left side..... #41086-22000

Right side....#41087-22000

Used on 710s through '75 and 610s through '74. Someone may have an old set of 610 or 710 calipers and not know they are the same part as the 510.

Love you too nanner.

• Like 2

My 510 w/stock brakes never had the clips. I raced the car in SCCA Improved Touring, hill climbs and autocrosses and it never seemed to be a problem under these conditions or street use.

I'm assuming the clips are to stop brake squeal and are not critical to the brake function (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case couldn't anti-squeal compound be applied to the pads and the clips not used?

• Like 1

My 510 w/stock brakes never had the clips. I raced the car in SCCA Improved Touring, hill climbs and autocrosses and it never seemed to be a problem under these conditions or street use.

I'm assuming the clips are to stop brake squeal and are not critical to the brake function (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case couldn't anti-squeal compound be applied to the pads and the clips not used?

Thank you for this information.I already ordered a pair off ebay last night, but it's good to know for the future. 

Now for some more stuff for you guys to tell me I did wrong:

I finished rebuilding my rear brakes

20150623_170257_zpsj26dnxgx.jpg

Sorry they're under the drum, I'm too lazy to take it off just to get a pic

A big hold up for me had been the pedal box. I finally managed to muscle the new one in, and it's bolted up

20150623_170249_zpsl9txop4c.jpg

This was seriously the biggest hold up for me, so I should be making some faster progress now

I also came home from work today and bolted this guy in

20150623_170228_zpsof6kspjg.jpg

Either later tonight or tomorrow I'm going to work on building an adapter for running my master cylinder with no brake booster. Then install the master cylinders.

I have an important question, did you clean and blow out the brake lines before bolting up to its new/refurbished parts?

If yes, A++

If no, I'm hoping for your sake that the old fluid was free of gum and other debris age tends to produce.

Mine were so bad after sitting for 15 years, that I could only salvage the front calipers, a went all new with the rest.

I have an important question, did you clean and blow out the brake lines before bolting up to its new/refurbished parts?

If yes, A++

If no, I'm hoping for your sake that the old fluid was free of gum and other debris age tends to produce.

Mine were so bad after sitting for 15 years, that I could only salvage the front calipers, a went all new with the rest.

Yes. I FINALLY DIDN'T FUCK SOMETHING UP!!!

• Like 3

You know about leading and trailing brake shoes, right? Well I tried to get a straight answer but I got conflicting answers. I think it depends if the wheel cylinder is at the top or the bottom which way the shoes go on. 

You know about leading and trailing brake shoes, right? Well I tried to get a straight answer but I got conflicting answers. I think it depends if the wheel cylinder is at the top or the bottom which way the shoes go on. 

Yes I know about that too. I got everything going on how I think it's supposed to.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Updates for the last few days:

I built an adapter out of some scrap aluminum I had and installed my master cylinders:

20150703_112327_zps3zth9qhb.jpg

The aluminum is thick as hell so I'm not too worried about it flexing or anything.

I also repacked my wheel bearings and changed my diff oil, but no pics of those. Tonight I was working on bleeding my brakes when all of the sudden we noticed some brake fluid dripping out from underneath my car. Uh oh. Go under for a look and find this:

20150706_173719_zpsc0l1f52s.jpg

Pic isn't that good but it shows the brake line going to the back of my car completely sheared in half. Honestly, I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't catch this while I was crawling under the car before. Either way It's getting replaced now.

I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow, and I'm not getting back until the 22nd, so this is the last update for a little while. I'm leaving my dad with a paycheck and a shopping list, so hopefully when I get back I'll be making some progress.