Snapped Headbolt (1979 Datsun 510 Wagon)

Not sure if this is the right place to post

Hey Guys, So i am rebuilding the engine for me Datsun 510 Wagon because it had low compression on few of the cylinders and the motor had over 300000 Miles on it, Upon taking it apart. It had a Snaped headbolt.

I was looking online and i really dont want to buy a kit for 140 bucks.

Does anyone have a spare headbolt? Or know where i can find one? I was thinking might take the bolt over a bolt supply company or Autozone to see if they had a match. Or might just have to wait it out till Datsun comes to the junkyard.

DSC09184_zps4717ed7a.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a hex headed type bolt come out of a L engine.  Is it Napz??

I have mixed and matched bolts many many times so buying a whole set to fix one isn't really necessary .

But having wrote that,, the ARP studs mentioned by MetalMonkey are pretty cheap and quite a bit stronger than stock,, ( a bitch to get head off if left for many years though)    on Amazon ,, or sometimes Ebay .

is it the long one or short one??

I have never seen a hex headed type bolt come out of a L engine.  Is it Napz??

I have mixed and matched bolts many many times so buying a whole set to fix one isn't really necessary .

But having wrote that,, the ARP studs mentioned by MetalMonkey are pretty cheap and quite a bit stronger than stock,, ( a bitch to get head off if left for many years though)    on Amazon ,, or sometimes Ebay .

is it the long one or short one??

The short one is the one that was broken. and the long one is the one i am looking for. I dont really want to go and buy a 200 dollar kit for one bolt. If i can just find that one bolt.

Yeah don't do that washer thing,, bad very bad.  ggzillbert will know the nissan link as i just haunt my local Nissan dealer for stuff..... And I only have L motor stuff no Napz anything so i am of no help in getting you one.. 

So why you might think,, am i posting here,,, well to wish you good luck,, it always looks darkest before the dawn and all that.