Attn all of ratsun please help me ...... I can't find my

So building a Lz motor for the red truck for fun got some wild cam or something. I don't know I haven't been following the build while my life spirals a parallel to the live news coverage of 9-11. Anyway motors about done but ........ Need this .....a message I rec'd from Hans .....

99996-m1270 is the part # for the .270 lash pads. Should be a set of 8. The spring retainer # is 99996-m1051. Should also be a set of 8. (Nissan motorsports)

Called my boo Russell at nissanparts.cc across the freeway and his usual craftyness at aquiring wierd requests and bomb ass parts only netted me a no longer stocked or existing ....... So help ratsun where do I go now.....

If u have questions it might take a few I haven't followed the build much ...... I know a few particulars ..... 89 pistons I think .... U 67 head ..... Cam and accessories...... Anyway I have exhausted my bevy of connections ( 2 people and Russell was my go to ) anyway ask question ..... Poke fun ....... Say I'm a idiot ....... But any help would be appreciated ........

Well, back off to living my jerry springer life...... Been busy trying to blow up my truck everytime I drive it when I'm not moon walking out of court rooms and legal offices ....overheated the shit out of the l16 the other day pushed a lot of coolant still running though .. Still canbying it but Saturday only now ....... No Sunday brunch ...... Gotta be back for my chickitta and Father's Day as the dad !!!!!

So yeah help me outta /\/\/\ that message I got from Hans ...... I couldn't fake it to seem smart and a savior ...lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't really looked....but is there an option through MSA? It's L6 stuff, but L series all the same.. 

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/Classic

EDIT: 

BAM nailed it! 

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic12e04/10-2041A

Where's my internet prize? 

• Like 2

Parts are coming from the z store and wolf creek thanks guys big help as usual and yes mike that was my suggestion all along..... Lol ...... Building this motor and helping source ford v8 parts for the teal

Bronco ...... Hard keeping it straight ......... I'm gonna research a l series with Ka pistons or something for my truck ...... I dunno something easy .......... What piston is 87.5. I bought them from Derek draynor but can't rrbered what I bought ...... They were actually for this Lz motor then decided on bigger ones. ...... Iay have bought z pistons I can't remembers

ok wolf creek is not customer friendly ... is there any other ideas on the spring retainers... wolf creek doesnt really do those parts anymore.. so i need suggestions ... not sure whee the cam came from i havent been following much of the build ... he bought i ti off a guy in oregon......

I could have swore , Skib posted a link one time about custom lash pads but it was years ago and i can't seem to locate it in my favorited sites.

I know that doesn't really help but he might remember.

no the wolf creek guy was kinda a dick ... going on how he was a one man show and he cant have everything ....said if its ine the web we have it ten said we dont have it ... none of the retainers... ...even asked to order  set even the titanium ones and he just says i will look but if i dont call u back its cause we dont have them ...

got the lash pads but still no retainers... please help .. laecon u wanna sell them lol...

hans talked to him and can be aggressive to so maybe i will reach out .... not really my project i been searching all day to find out what pistons i bought from derrick .... beck arnley .... 012 498920  

All I did was send him an email...

"Looking to purchase a set of valve spring retainers for a Datsun 4cyl. How would I go about purchasing the "99996-M1150 Purple Alum Retainer for tall lash pads from .240" to .340""

Thanks!"

The bold part was copied and pasted from his website.

He responded with an email asking for my zip code so he could send an invoice.

WP_20140519_22_37_21_Pro.jpg

• Like 2