Bay Area Weekend Meet.

paradime

Starting a Sunday afternoon Bay Area Datsun gathering. 

Here’s the thinking on this one. I know week nights aren’t realistic for many of us, so this meet will be held early afternoon on second Sunday of every month. Late enough to sleep off the effects of Saturday night, and early enough to make plans afterwards. To start, It will be a Datsun only event (Ratsun, NWD, 510Realm people), but maybe we could open it up to all classic Japanese cars and motorcycles. 

The location is central East Bay at the San Leandro Marina parking lot. The spot is super easy to get to, just one turn off 880. The exit is 12 miles East of the Bay Bridge and 12 miles West of Fremont. It’s also right next to the 238 connection to 580 at Castro Valley, and the 92 connect to the San Mateo Bridge. The lot has a 180 degree view of the bay, great place for sunset pictures with Japanese pines right on the water, shit load of space, and it’s a public park, so there’s no permission needed. If you’ve ever been to one of the Classic Japanese Car events then you know this spot. The park also has BBQ pits if that ever comes up.

Here’s directions;

880 traveling West, or East to San Leandro, get off at the Marina West Exit and take Marina to the end. As you enter the Marina park take the first right into the lot. We’ll meet at the far right corner.

Scratch the 11th (Mothers Day). First meet will be May 18th at 3:00pm. Please pass the word. 

map.png

map2.png

• Like 4
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Where's the first bump for the first East Bay Meet at the San Leandro Marina this Sunday at 3:00PM Spread the word on... THICK.

If anyone's interested in making it a twofer on the weekend, there's a Car Show /Fair fund raiser at the James Monroe Elementary. Info here http://www.gojamesmonroe.org/

Duly noted: Monroe car SHOW is Saturday. I talked to Mark at San Leandro Auto Paint, (one of the sponsors} and he said they needed some classic Japanese representation. I told him I'd be there.

Where's the first bump for the first East Bay Meet at the San Leandro Marina this Sunday at 3:00PM Spread the word on... THICK.

If anyone's interested in making it a twofer on the weekend, there's a Car Show /Fair fund raiser at the James Monroe Elementary. Info here http://www.gojamesmonroe.org/

Some people's children, thanks east bay 521. I was reading all this yap yap yap

East bay I'm expecting you to go to our DATSLOCO MEET, no excuses. The rest of y'all do as you wish. Fire those who miss out on your meet this Sat, shame shame shame

Don't get your rump in a bunch Toy, nobody's trying to rain your parade. But If you're going to all the trouble of buff'n your truck/car up for Dstsloco, you might as well get your money's worth and come to the East Bay meet on Sunday. It'll be low stress, no expectations, and free pineapple margaritas on the bay. Consider it a Datsloco Decompression. Hope to see you there Mytoy521

• Like 1