L16 with w53 head 4th cylinder not working

Ed-datsun521

I just " build" this motor well changed my head to this other block it was 210 engine block and head I figured this would work I searched plenty of times and I went ahead and did it

So I took my old motor off and after I took apart the other one I found the problem on my other engine it had a spun bearing metal everywhere any way I put my w53 head on the block 210 and put new headgasket a new timing kit when I went to start the engine it did not start

I got it to run after but it ran poorly I figured that it was running on 3 pistons (4th is not running) after I unplugged the spark plug wires from the cap on the distributior I have a good spark and I still need to check if that piston is getting fuel how can I check this ? I also to her the pipe on the head on all the cylinders and the 4th one is barely hot at all compared to the other pistons Btw I adjusted the valves all are in good shape going to adjust them again just in case also It back fires through the carburator ? Big puff like when I try to crank it or give it gas sometimes not all the time

Last time when I only replaced the headgasket it ran the same but it was not running on the 3rd cylinder after I adjusted the valves it ran perfect what can I do about what's happening now please any more help can save my truck from getting sold thanks !

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm really or is he wrong lol

and btw any way I can make this post go away I feel stupid ashamed and I should get slapped for all the work I did swapping heads new timing chain and I had the fucken wires wrong how stupid please spare me from hazing

W53 on an L16 drops your compression to like 6.5:1!

I dont thionk its that bad. 38 increase to 40/41 cc

I put a U67 head on and its even worse for compression but runs GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed-datsun521

truth come out you were messing with it!!!!!!!!and didnt tell us exactly what you did. We need to know this.

some come on here I drove 450 mile then this happens. Oh for got to tell us you pulled all the plug wires and now they wrong(this is a example)  i did this myself on a Capri 6 cylinder Doh!!!!!

anytime some one looses a cylinder alwasy ck the wire .plug valve lash pad fell out or the exhaust vale getting tite(over time the seat will sink and cause the valve to not fully close)

I guess I'll just rebuild the other block with new bearing it was a fresh rebuild but when I took it appart I found one of the screws on the oil sump was off and the oil and it was loose so I think that lead to premature failure of the bearings that way I can get my flat top piston block back together

I just test drove the truck and it runs pretty good just a lil slower than before but the other engine was not running optimal with out the oil getting distributed

And hainz the truth was always out I said up on the first post I took the whole engine apart