Alternatives to JCCS

Well I was getting excited for JCCS this year, even though its 5 months away.

Then I read this on their website

"We love and appreciate unrestored vehicles, but for 2014, we will be limiting entries ofunfinished or accident-damaged vehicles"

If you read farther they are making it sound  as if your not welcome without having a decent paintjob, which I cant afford.

http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/register.htm

I am barely even interested in going now

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well Canby is not exactly centrally located and isnt exactly a fun or reasonable (or possible if you have a 5 day work week) drive for people in the Southwest.

JCCS was. I think this is ridiculous.

So what are the alternatives? Other than driving to Canby?

Sitting at home in AZ and thats it? well that sux........

Well sucks when you dont want to come up to Canby Or Blue Lake, which is 2 of the best datsun shows in the PNW, loss for you ;)

And the jccs thing is bullshit, like the barn find 510 that was covered in cobb webs last year, that was fucking cool.  But like i noticed with the judges, unless its shiney, and has a motor swap, they ignore it, me and the otehr stock 510 owners there were wondering if the judges even came by our cars, cuz we sure as hell never saw them.  Always wanted to go, and the one time i did it just killed it for me.

Also i know shasta is starting back up this year, i cant wait to go down to that again, i went to shasta every year as a kid with my dad, cant wait to take my wife and kids for the first time, even though it will be different, its still fucking SHASTA!

• Like 1

It's definitely worth the drive man, I know how it is for work I hate to lose time off work which means money but I'm the type if I can't have my fun once in a while what's the point. It's a 2 days even not just one like JCCS a lot of fun great people and datsuns what more can you ask for besides a lot of titties and ass lol.

Me and my dad drove every year from washington to shasta, and then down to magic mountain or great america, every single year since i was 5 years old up till the last year of shasta.  No excuse really on not willing to make drives to good shows.  

• Like 1

Every year and we would make shasta in a day, and then continue on down south without stopping, but i was raised in a car, its why i drove for a living to, i love it, why i have to get my kids conditioned to riding in cars long periods of times.  My daughter seems to get pissed every time shes put in the 510.  Time to break that ;)

• Like 1

FIrst off i agree with JCCS for not letting banged up crap in there show,Sorry not trying to piss you or anyone off but its the truth,They are full every year and i for one dont want to walk around and look at junk or at cars that are just not even show worthy period. And your getting mad at JCCS and they have not even opened registration yet,Send them a email asking or send a picture to them asking if your car can go, if your car is not all beat up and your not driving around with the rear end pushed in then you might have a shot. And your talk about driving long and boring,c'mon you leave in Arizona it is boring any were you drive its the fuckin desert,Ask me how i know because I hauled fuel all over that dessert in a big truck. As for these guys on the coast its a much scenic drive and its a lot cooler period and i think we can all agree on that. I really hope to see you there.

• Like 4