junk yard find?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will still run ,drive, stop without any interior at all.. Hoods are already pretty hashed so hood pin holes can't hurt them any.. After market oil/temp gauges and alot of deliveries from Rockauto for brake parts.. BOOM it's rollin down the road.

The one problem i can see is the windshield is really cracked but if local police are lenient maybe.

I still run a TomTom for my speedo ,, and my speedo reads correctly now.

I would add it to my stash if it was me.

• Like 2

I daily a subaru STi... this would be a lightweight toy! But I do like my cars clean. Looking for a 3.0 510... its just rare to find one at all down here. Id also rather the 2door sedan. So im guessing ill need to travel... the next project will either be a dime or an ae86 corolla.

The cowl on a 68 is tiny. That one stretches out to near the fenders... It's 70+ for sure.

Yep, Dash lay out and is left of gauges would suggest this too. My thought, snag it for a parts car. Find one that's better shape running, use/swap parts. It really depends on what the rockers and floor boards look like. If the shell is solid, turn into a 1/4 mile car.

If it's at pull-a-part you can hang it up, they won't sell it anyway. I've tried to buy a 510 from them here in B'ham, it's against policy. I even tried to buy the car in pieces, still a no. If it's at a privately owned jy you might have a chance. That eyebrow trim looks perfect. & I could use the fenders.

I'd say get it anyway. What's the worst that'll happen…