Old to Dad new to son, the life of the Datsun.

clutchpack

Little history to start. I picked up my 1st Datsun (76' 210) after high school and moved into a 510 a yr later. I owned 2 more 510's afterwards before switching to BMW 2002's. When I moved to Seattle I lived with my cousin and my best friend which all 3 of us owned 510's had numerous friends with 510's and our house in north Seattle was named "The 510 House". Im a car nut I love Datsuns along with many other cars.

Ok so now to the 620 and the reason I am here. So on Feb 26th 2003 I was blessed with a little boy and he has become the coolest little kid you could ever meet. He loves cars! I mean LOVES cars. We go to car functions and he will walk up to people and blow them away with his knowledge. He has lego cars hot wheel cars (prob over 1,000) all his xbox360 and xbox1 games are about cars, cars cars cars. Basically a chip off the old block.

I have told him that when he turns 12 or 13 I want to get some junker and teach him how to fix it up from bumper to bumper. My thought is that if he puts in the work when he turns 16 he will have something he can drive to school and will take care of due to the blood/sweat/tears he put into it. I see to many kids with nice cars mommy/daddy bought them with barely enough knowledge to put gas in it.

My kids favorite car of all time is a Datsun 510, cant blame the kid. We discussed getting one and from searching every now and then I find they are hard to come by, expensive, and usually been modded. Well he got turned onto a new vehicle due to a recent hot wheel.

So I just picked up thishttp://345.jpg

Im going to give it to him next month for his 11th birthday! He is going to flip out! Father/son project. Its a solid little truck with lots of mods to come. I will be posting the progress.

• Like 4
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great!

When I was 10 I started hoping I'd find a car in the driveway on my birthday. After my 13th bday I figured out it was up to me so I got a summer job and started dragging jalopies home.

You're getting ahead of that mess and your son is going to learn so much early on its great!

Most folks I know can pump their own gas (unless they're in Oregon ;) )

But I did once have to give an actor pointers about how to hold a wrench convincingly while "working" on his truck in a scene. Magical

• 8 months later...