Nissan IDX Nismo & Freestyle SOCAL tour!!!

datsunnismo

Hello fellow dimers!

It has come to my attention that nissan will be doing a Southern California tour with their new concept car, Nissan IDX. Nissan has currently NOT scheduled for production, but let the 510 community change their mind! Nissan of North America is really pushing for production of this car to the manufacturer, personally i would love to see the rebirth of the legendary 510. So lets show some Datsun pride and lets get out there to these locations and show them some love!

Friday 01/31/2014: Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice (im not too sure of the exact location, but im gonna try to get this ASAP) from 4 pm - 10 pm tonight.

Saturday 02/01/2014: "Cars & Coffee" meet in Irvine, and then it’s off to the Petersen Automotiveicon1.png Museum in Los Angeles for the "Inside the MotoMan Studio" event, featuring Peter Brock.

Sunday 02/02/2014: "Supercar Sunday" gathering in Woodland Hills, from 7 to 10 a.m. Near Topanga Promenade.

Ill be at the Supercar Sunday with my Hardbody truck since my dime isnt ready yet :( but i will be representing the 510 Pride!

Nissan-IDx-NISMO-concept-placement-626x3

858de0cc7a7cdbaa3c67b80c413c1c92.jpg

Read more: http://www.superstreetonline.com/eventcoverage/1401_nissan_idx_nismo_driven/#ixzz2s0EX5m

Let the Datsun revolution begin!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone going to the peterson museum sat or woodland hills sunday 

Home > Releases

Jan. 29, 2014
  •  
  •  
Cars displayed throughout Southern California; Keep up with hashtag #IDxinSoCal

LOS ANGELES – The acclaimed Nissan IDx Freeflow and IDx NISMO concepts will be on display in Southern California in a whirlwind, three-day tour starting on Friday, Jan. 31 through Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014.  The revolutionary concept vehicles, stars of the recent auto shows in Tokyo and Detroit, will be showcased in a variety of classic California locales, from the streets of Venice to Irvine's Cars & Coffee, and a special event at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

Fans will be able to track the vehicles' whereabouts and exact locations using the hashtag #IDxinSoCal.

Following a series of media and industry sneak previews, the IDx Freeflow and NISMO will be on display on Fri., Jan. 31 from 4 to 10 p.m. on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice, once described as the "coolest block in America" by GQ magazine.  There, fans of the IDx concepts will be able to get up close and personal with the cars, including speaking with designers and providing Nissan with feedback about whether to bring the vehicles to market.

The tour continues early in the morning on Sat., Feb. 1 at the legendary "Cars & Coffee" enthusiast gathering in Irvine.  Surrounded by some of the world's finest exotic machinery, the IDx Freeflow and NISMO should stand out with their own distinct style and presence.

At approximately 10 a.m. the cars will make an appearance at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles as part of the "Inside the MotoMan Studio" event, starring automotive journalist George Notaras and featuring Peter Brock.

Superbowl Sunday, Feb. 2, will be the last event scheduled for the IDx concepts, at the "Supercar Sunday" enthusiast gathering in Woodland Hills, from 7 to 10 a.m.

Additional stopovers and events are possible between January 30 and February 2, all to be announced via Nissan's Facebook page and on Twitter with the hashtag#IDxinSoCal.

About the IDx Freeflow and IDx NISMO concept vehicles
The way people are buying cars is changing. A choice of colors and matching wheels is no longer enough. In a society where cars are purchased as a reflection – and enabler – of a driver's lifestyle, the way future models are designed needs to be revolutionized. This was the thinking behind the visionary "co-creation" of the Nissan IDx Freeflow and IDx NISMO concept cars.

The co-creation product development approach, designed to appeal to "digital natives" - the generation born after 1990 - integrates their feedback early in the creation process. Nissan thinks this approach could have real applications in the near future.

IDx Freeflow 
The IDx Freeflow reflects the sensibilities of the co-creators – the outlook of people who seek natural and tasteful things in every aspect of their daily lives. They seek to employ a simple and clean attitude, using the authentic items that they favor to artfully combine various things and give substance to their self-expression.

The interior details of the four-passenger IDx Freeflow are a carefully selected mix of fashionable functionality and comfort in a design brimming with creative originality. It is meant to feel like a living room inside, where the owner and his or her friends can relax.

Though compact in size – about 13.5 feet in length, 5.6 feet in width, and 4.3 feet in overall height – the IDx Freeflow impresses with its daring yet dignified exterior.

The IDx Freeflow's exterior color is a sophisticated combination of white and flax (a pale yellow shade), invoking a casual feeling like that produced by the pairing of the venerable white T-shirt with khaki chinos, and highlighted with silver accessories or a belt. The overall visual effect is completed by the addition of stylish 18-inch chrome wheels wrapped in 195/50-18 tires.

IDx NISMO 
Many digital natives grew up playing racing simulation games that feature cars of the past and from all corners of the globe. They have a natural desire to realize that virtual driving experience in real cars of their own, and that is the basis of the IDx NISMO concept.

Not limited to being inspired just by racing cars, IDx NISMO was born from a refined combination of the freedom to borrow liberally from memorable vehicles of yesteryear and the present, in addition to whatever was felt exudes "cool."

Though IDx NISMO shares the overall length and height of its Freeflow cousin, the 5.9-foot width (versus 5.6-foot for the IDx Freeflow) of the car is testament to its low, wide stance that emphasizes its sporty proportions.

One of the hallmarks of box-type racecars is speediness conveyed by a reverse-slanted nose. On IDx NISMO, this frontal design element is embellished by an aura of seriousness communicated by the use of carbon panels. Side mufflers provide a pleasing exhaust note. The car also has contemporary touches such as front/rear and right/left aerodynamic spoilers and a lightweight 19-inch wheel and 225/40 tire package.

Scanning the IDx NISMO interior reveals racing-inspired crimson Alcantara® seat covers that entice the eyes, complemented by Spartan-looking meters and gauges that animate the racecar ambience. The lustrous metal surfaces contrast with the bright red suede trim that is augmented by blue stitching.

I just back Venice and I saw the Nismo and Freeflow. I must say they look much better in person. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! They are slightly smaller than a Civc, just as wide and the roof line is slightly lower. The track on them are pretty wide for a car this small. I know some complained about the huge, flat front end and in person it looks good and not out of place. There are a lot of angles and shapes to it that photographs have not been able to pick up and don't do it justice.

I did talk to the rep while I was there.

1. I asked him the relation of the IDx and the 510. His answer; Nissan says this NOT meant to be a retro 510. This meant to capture the joy and thrill of ALL classic Nissan/ Datsun compact sedans.

2. Are these going into production? Not as of right now. They are still gauging public interest and feed back.

3. I told him I like the headlights and tail lights of the Freeflow but I want the Nismo body. That seems to be the common thing people want.

4. I notice no back seat in the Nismo.... I need a back seat. Most likely they will combine the two (Nismo and Freeflow) features into one car. We already have a two seater in our "Z" car and there is no need for another one. So, I would bet the Nismo will be a four seater.

5. What kind of drive train and I heard even the Nismo will have a CVT.... I don't like CVT's. Any chance for a manual? This car is meant to be a global car. In other words, unlike the Maxima, this car is meant to sell over the world and to be made anywhere in the world. In Europe they prefer manuals and diesels too and the way electric cars are coming on strong there is another possibility. No one knows for sure what they will do for a power train but they are set on rear wheel drive. It's a safe bet you would be able to get a manual.

Here are some pics....

12246948033_5d7784ea10_z.jpg

12246948023_6c11471765_z.jpg

12246948003_9d772d4cc6_z.jpg

12246947683_97ea4d93bb_z.jpg

12247173954_43cbf3586d_z.jpg

12247173914_e9d0a3e438_z.jpg

12247173904_6ce5142cb4_z.jpg

12247173884_b372f36695_z.jpg

12247173874_ffcca76473_z.jpg

12247173784_b8297d7018_z.jpg

12247271966_48c5d345a3_z.jpg

12247271486_127ec478c7_z.jpg

12247271296_067528b109_z.jpg

12247270826_7cbcc362e9_z.jpg

12247270456_10c32d17e5_z.jpg

12247270126_ca4db3f26d_z.jpg

12246843023_9a9bdc6c63_z.jpg

12246843003_1f3cc96b8c_z.jpg

12246842773_89efc68049_z.jpg

12246842543_e186f9ee97_z.jpg

12246842533_5a935f6787_z.jpg

12246842193_cc94fd4a03_z.jpg

• Like 3

we were there , the cars look better in person 

the designer has many ideas on the car all the options are bolt on  with many possible options 

I asked to see under the hood but was told NO I will add some pics later 

these are from my phone all others are on the new camera and I am still learning how it works 

I also asked Pete Brock and John Morton to sign my glove box door and they both said sure 

It was a great day and very informative interview at the Peterson Museum with Motoman 

IMG_20140201_160835_592_zpse3201af4.jpg

IMG_20140201_161042_059_zpse17ccf1d.jpg

IMG_20140201_161056_535_zps4eb1d568.jpg

IMG_20140201_161114_203_zps64a5ce76.jpg

IMG_20140201_161127_242_zps0a83c279.jpg

IMG_20140201_162011_596_zps5873ca9d.jpg

I just had Pete Brock and John Morton sit in the passenger seat 

While they signed the glove box 

That's cool and all, But I think I have you beat. John Morton drove my race car at Willow Springs back in 2001. Now that was like an E ticket ride at Disneyland.

• Like 1