Close to Vancouver, WA?? Please help

barricade88

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Mine is cracked and I am not trying to spend over $100 for one. And I need to drop my oil pump, check my timing and make sure everything is dead on. And my dad left my mom so I have only basic tools..

man if you ever need help i have a garage full of tools, i have done all kinds of things..

timing i am not good at but i have a buddy who is a little better than i am

• Like 2

this is why i love ratsun.  people that go out of there way to help.its the ratsun way! also about the radiator, that happend to mine and i took it to a shop and they saudered (dont know how to spell it) a new piece on for free. just a thought if you have a way to get there or a saudering gun.  if i were closer id offer to help. good luck

this is why i love ratsun.  people that go out of there way to help.its the ratsun way! also about the radiator, that happend to mine and i took it to a shop and they saudered (dont know how to spell it) a new piece on for free. just a thought if you have a way to get there or a saudering gun.  if i were closer id offer to help. good luck

Did you know that an old solid copper {US} penny can be brazed into a radiator top or bottom fitting to seal a pinhole leak?  Of course you first have to remove the "cap", but then that's how you found out that it was a pin hole causing you all that trouble with temperature control.

All bets are off if you have an aftermarket Aluminum radiator.  Yes, South of the "Highline" and West of the Atlantic Ocean spelling, not "Aluminium".

• Like 1

So if I just melt a copper penny to the hole it will work? Doesn't it have to be silver solder?

NO!  You have it brazed on top of, or preferrably under, the leak.  Brazing is not soldering.  Solder is lead based unless you are using low temp silver solder and might be subject to differential corrosion and different temperature coefficients of expansion  and reopen the leak.  Brazing is copper / brass based, is compatible with the cap material, and if on the inside tends to be "self sealing" as it were,  If on the outside, internal pressure would tend to seek the easy path to reopening the leak.  A well brazed interior joint around the penny tends to be sealed all across the surface of the penny and provides little if any leak paths.

Okay, yeah I have a weber and it needs to be tuned bad.. But maybe I'll come by this week

ill do what i can man, but to be honest im not giving your motor a full tune up and diagnostic for free....

happy help make it better tho, just ask draynor :D  his truck was in my garage last night