National carburetor.

Anyone deal with them. Seen great and bad reviews. Only 200 for rebuilt hitachi with lifetime warranty. Shops around want 400 to rebuild. Thinking of trying them out I guess if doesn't work could always return. But anyone ever gotten anything from them?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i ordered just a few mins ago, literally the fastest ordering process ive ever done. I gave him the part number, he confirmed it, made sure they had cores in their system, took my payment info and shipping and that was it.  Fast and simple, so at least they got their shit together on that front. 

$400 to rebuild?! That had better be new bushings and linkage and gaskets made of gold. Oh, oh, oh... Are they casting a new body for the carb?

I'm guessing this is for the "preserved 510" in your car list? Or is there a different reason you're not going with a Weber?

You got it.  

The place i ordered from seems to have a pretty thorough go through process. 

In order to provide you the highest quality remanufactured carburetors in the industry, each carburetor is individually built by our certified technicians using a master rebuilding kit. All other components are cleaned, tested or rebuilt to meet O.E.M Specifications. The base plates are rebushed to remove excess wear from around the throttle shaft to stop certain vacuum leaks. All bolts and linkage parts are plated. As well as casings are tumbled to chrome like finish. Or by special request, Dichromate finish can be applied.

We recalibrated the carburetors for today's gas and remove the inherent problems like hesitations, flat-spots and hard hot starting. Every carburetor goes through a 3 step testing process, first a float bench and pump test, second a dyno flow bench  test, and then a live engine test. All the adjustments are set for a bolt on and go carburetor.

1971_Datsun_510_sedan-21-150x150_zps2327

1971_Datsun_510_sedan-8-150x150_zps6dbd8

• Like 1

The place i ordered from seems to have a pretty thorough go through process. 

I did a similar thing about 6-7 years ago for my old 1200.  The final inspector guy called me and asked if I wanted him to set the carb up for more performance, or better mileage.  I chose performance.  The car ran great right out of the box and I drove the car daily for a couple of years with it.  

I don't remember who did it, but it was a similar outfit in the bay area.  Money well spent, IMHO. 

National carb said in 7-10 days it will ship out, they rebuild all cores to order, so better than them saying 2-3 days to build and get out, 7-10 days feels like a good amount of time for a proper quality rebuild for a shop their size, instead of some half assed thing coming out.  Was only 202 after shipping and everything. 

Yah im pretty sure i remember deliverying boxes with their name when i used to work for performance warehouse delivering graveyard auto parts to stores, the name just kept sounding very VERY familiar. Figure worth the shot. 

• 3 weeks later...

So they had issues with their flo bench machine, finally shipped it out today, but the tracking they gave me is a bad number >.> guy says its short 2 numbers at fed ex, honest mistake...(i hope)  but the guy there said due to the delay in shipping they upgraded me to overnight shipping since they knew i needed it by saturday at the latest. so WOOP WOOP, hopefully its here tomorrow, since snowed in i can work on her and stuff, just wont be able to test drive her :(