Done with Ebay, other options?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree .......i get lots of things and items from there.... good results if your savvy ...now my good friend is not savy .... i have resold more shit he bought that was wrong or not even for his stuff........ to much free time i think......its funny actually ...... i just resold his z air cleaner for a retarded profit though ...... no offense but retarded was used to describe a good thing....... 

• Like 1

I agree. Ebay is a huge monopoly and I'm sick of the new fee's....and the "Buyer protection" only--not the seller. And you cant leave negative feedback for a shit buyer. I've been buying and selling since '03 and have had a store at one time. I stopped selling for a year until recently and the new fee's are shit. The CEO of eBay is the "Richest woman in America" and the highest paid. Saw it on NBC's Dateline----that's where our fee's are going. I have called and talked to them several times about feedback, fee's, bad buyers, etc....I have had to open several cases for non payers, had one opened on me for not as described---I won, and like its been said: Until there is another site with the traffic, we're stuck. You can block buyers, you can you can do a BIN with immediate payment, and leave "Negative verbage in a Positive" score. They said that the new policy is because buyers were unhappy and that they feared that they would go elsewhere. Where would they go? Tell me and I will too! They didnt like that and said its all fair, because without buyers there would be no Ebay---without sellers, no ebay.........in my opinion. But with all the "Corporate" warehouse resellers, the rare, quirky, and popular item sellers dont count. We just have to suck it up and go with the flow.......we need some smart college kid to start this new online selling format---call it "iTrade".......:) take it back to the good ol' days when online selling/trading was fun, new and exciting!

i think as a buyer ebay is a great place for hard to find items and you can still get great deals on a ton of items. and you can find a lot of items without searching on a ton of places. plus its so easy. 

for example; i just ordered a set of leather seat covers for my truck, actual leather, front, back, headrest and door panels, all leather, brand new shipped for $234. cannot beat that. just installed them yesterday and they look great. these are the actual covers, you take off your old ones from the factory and install these. 

ive never had an issue buying on ebay. but if they keep at it, a lot of those hard to find items will disappear.

i think their problem is that they are trying to make it a market with only super sellers and companies who sell a ton on there. they really dont care about the little guys and i cant understand that. i dont see them lasting very long that way. it would be like america without small businesses. doesnt make sense. ive seen profiles of people with millions of ratings and poor feedback and poor star ratings but they are still on there. as a small seller if you get one bad feedback r one low star rating they start monitoring you and they cut what you can sell in half, and raise your fees and so on. 

sorry to rant but it feels like everyone i know that used to make a living off ebay has been affected then same way. 

Crappy chinese stuff?  What's a good example?

Most of the more wearable maintenance items like radiator hoses/belts, etc (Dayco/Gates/Goodyear), alternators, etc can be had on eBay shipped-to-your-door at the same price they are listed at on Rockauto before shipping.

I used to order from Rockauto all the time, until they started substituting shit gasket sets when I ordered Victor Reinz (stating it was an interchange/identical part under a diff brand name). Now I used them to gouge the item numbers and look to eBay for better pricing.

NOT CHINESE STUFFS (i dunt think)

i think as a buyer ebay is a great place for hard to find items and you can still get great deals on a ton of items. and you can find a lot of items without searching on a ton of places. plus its so easy. 

for example; i just ordered a set of leather seat covers for my truck, actual leather, front, back, headrest and door panels, all leather, brand new shipped for $234. cannot beat that. just installed them yesterday and they look great. these are the actual covers, you take off your old ones from the factory and install these. 

ive never had an issue buying on ebay. but if they keep at it, a lot of those hard to find items will disappear.

i think their problem is that they are trying to make it a market with only super sellers and companies who sell a ton on there. they really dont care about the little guys and i cant understand that. i dont see them lasting very long that way. it would be like america without small businesses. doesnt make sense. ive seen profiles of people with millions of ratings and poor feedback and poor star ratings but they are still on there. as a small seller if you get one bad feedback r one low star rating they start monitoring you and they cut what you can sell in half, and raise your fees and so on. 

sorry to rant but it feels like everyone i know that used to make a living off ebay has been affected then same way. 

pretty sure there's a thread or two about jdm flairs....

any one know why craiglist is still going strong ... cuz they dont fuck with a running machine when there bored....if companys would spend more time being great at one thing and not try to be good at lots of things the world would be a better place...

.... is this still going?

Eyup, seems like it. Tho I'll admit, I've been burned a few times on Ebay. The first was a seller that took my money, never shipped my item (tho he said he did), then seeing the item I bought back on ebay for sell. Other times it's been me buying something I should known better then too, like the 390 ford intake, when I got it...it was just a 200 dollar paper weight.

But I can say Ebay has been a source of finding things I thought I'd never find, like the flawless JDM chrome bumper for my 210 and other goodies that were worth it.

Now I agree with a lot of you, Ebay is not what it use to be. Pisses me off having to go through 3 pages of 100 items that have nothing to with I am looking but somehow does because of the search criteria...I mean hey, we all need those universal seat covers, those stick on interior mood lights and, the fake shark antenna that will our cars look like an BMW...Cus lets face it, fake stick on crap makes our cars the fucking shit!

• Like 1

I'm happy with eBay, as I take it for what it is... a great place for naive people to lose their money, but that can happen just as easily anywhere on the net.

I find sweet deals once in a while. I don't sell much, fees are stupid high I'd rather keep my stuff or give it away to friends.

-Robert