Anyone know the length of a 6 cylinder L block?

HRH

From back to crank pulley/water pump pulley on front of motor.  Anything L6 if you could go out and measure your Z or what have you.  I don't have any spare 6 cylinder motors to measure, only 4s.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wuss!!!  :D  Tomorrow is fine.  I'll probably try to hop on Ratsun sometime during Christmas even and check.  I'm disappointed, all our snow here was rained away.  Boooo.  No white Christmas sucks.

From back to crank pulley/water pump pulley on front of motor.  Anything L6 if you could go out and measure your Z or what have you.  I don't have any spare 6 cylinder motors to measure, only 4s.

looks like 30 1/2 to the front of the double crank pulley and about 31 inches to the front of the water pump pulley bolts 

it never rains in California so you got your measurement  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

Nothing.....yet. :)  Frick, I wish I could find a whole L28 turbo for cheap.  Every one that rolls into pns already has the motor yanked.  I do have a turbo, but it would be nice to have all the factory plumbing.

I wish it would fit an l28 in a d21 im stuck with the ka and i dont feel like buying forged pistons for my turbo setup and the ringlands wont handle it (found out the hard way). I just dont want to spend that much money on the truck cause i want to get my Z done and have extra l28s yes plural

I wish it would fit an l28 in a d21 im stuck with the ka and i dont feel like buying forged pistons for my turbo setup and the ringlands wont handle it (found out the hard way). I just dont want to spend that much money on the truck cause i want to get my Z done and have extra l28s yes plural

Should fit if you relocate the rad.

Plan is to 'hide' it in one of my brush guard bumpers

That said...motor mounts, bell housing and OP are a given

I thought about that but my intentions for this truck have changed from performance to reliability I have too many vehicles im working on now and the truck will never be fun to drive (on the road) even with the turbo. Another option i thought of was a vg30et with a v6 gearbox but still more money than I am willing to spend on it and the 4x4 v6 gearboxes are scarce around here.

It is certainly a relief to find out the L6 is for one of the trucks. Ever since you started this thread I've been worried about the fate of your 510. I didn't think you'd do that to your hapless 510, but I wasn't sure. I can sleep easily now!

I saw in another of your threads something about Kabota Orange paint and an engine bay. So is your 510 being prepped for something other than an L6? I'm very much looking forward to that build thread.

Len

• Like 1

Didn't even see you post that Len!  The 510 is getting the KA24DE, been working like mad on it, getting closer, small steps.

The L28 is rated probably 20 more than the stock KA24E, the big draw is having a big long torquey crankshaft.  Plus it would just be cool.  Haven't decided yet thought.  It's probably a long ways off.