Pacific Raceway Toy Run 2013

1lo620

I just saw that the Toy For Tots Toy run at Pacific Raceway is this sunday Dec. 8.. 12 to 4 gates open at 10.. Looks like weather might be nice but cold.. Is there any crazy Ratsun folk planning on going to this. If so, be nice to get a meeting place and cruise in together.. Just a thought..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We went last year with almost freezing temps plus the monsoon. Definitely will need heat and the electric blanket plugged into the inverter. I think we had about twenty Datsun's last year as well as a really cool diverse collection of other breeds as well. We all met at the Super mall and rolled in from there.

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

I just saw that the Toy For Tots Toy run at Pacific Raceway is this sunday Dec. 8.. 12 to 4 gates open at 10.. Looks like weather might be nice but cold.. Is there any crazy Ratsun folk planning on going to this. If so, be nice to get a meeting place and cruise in together.. Just a thought..

Like last year?

Well I am going to cruise down for a bit, if no takers for meeting I can do it on my own. I will take some toys dontate check out some cars (tuners) and drive home.. Don't live to far away and give me something to do. But wont be out long want to see the San Francisco Seahawks game.. And it was tough getting out of where we met..alot of others met there also.. hope to see some there..!!

Guest Rick-rat

I will not be going to this.I finally did get to donate today and it was extremely hard to find a place to donate what I had to give. Everywhere I tried told me can't take them without the box they came in. These were 1/16 die cast metal with lots of detail, doors, hoods,trunks opened and steering wheel turned when the front tires did.  1 Ferarri, 2 vipers, one hardtop and one convertible, 1 67 Chevelle SS, 1 56 Ford starliner,1 Cobra, 1 Jeff Gordon #24 Pepsi race car. 1 Gold  Woods Bros. # 21 Race car. Most of the places did want them because they weren't brand new. I was getting quite discouraged but being persistent and checking everywhere I could think of I found a place that was excited to get them and know some needy families. For those families it will probably the only present they can give to their son(s). I didn't leave out the girls, for them I donated 48 1st edition Beanie Baby bears in acryllic cases. At one time we had over  2,000 Beanie Babies, and usually donated 200 a year to childrens hospitals.

As most of you know at times I can be difficult to get along with, but it really made me feel good today knowing it will brighten a few childrens Christmas

• Like 3

Why in the hell should we post pics.. remember no one wanted to go because it was a cluster fuck last year... Go next time and you wont need to see pictures..

I wont go next year either. and here is why

1. Its a long drive for a cluster fuck
  2. It's cold.
  3. Not enough cars that im in to go.
  4. its below freezing.
  5. I can find pics of the few cars i like from the meet on the interwebz and save money, time and being fucking cold. 
  • Like 1

I might be out of line saying this, but what is the real reason for this cruise? THE KIDS. This isn't about "oh I'm cold and my car doesn't like the temperatures" or "my car is better then yours", this is about giving to someone who might not have the option to be warm when they want or have the newest, coolest toys. This is one of the largest meets (2000+) in the Oregon/Washington area that I know of that includes EVERYTHING, from 40 Fords to the newest and greatest supercars. Don't wanna go, fine. There's probably one closer to the one you live. Donate somewhere else, I don't care. Just don't be a damn prick when someone asks you to see the pictures you took, if you took any.

You being a "prick" is not doing anything for the show or the site. just annoying in immature. and i have been going to toy run for a few years. and each year seems like a bigger cluster fuck lol. due to a lack of staff. location, crowding on highways, lines...etc

Pics were on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/kettlman/media_set?set=a.10200434719505471.1073741829.1680888536&type=3

Yes, i saved a lot of you from a giant CLUSTERFUCK. and cold weather haha. lambo this year, Ferrari last year. cool 

Looks like an awesome chance to parade on the race course?

And that is one low 620

That wasn't on the race track it was in the 3 mile backup on the off ramp to get into the show, I posted because someone said we all took off in separate directions from the superduper mall and seemed to be laying it in 1lo620.. Although if i had known he was going to go all Mel Gibson about the pictures maybe i should have went with a more "tough love" approach. .. :P