SKYLINE TRUCK (hakosuka sunny) FOR SALE!

Dawa

Im kinda with Mike on this one.

It looks good, but, what I see is here is a Datsun 1200 ute with badass flares and some uber cool deep dish wheels.

Decent coat of paint, some fibreglass bolt on bits, and a quick interior pimp (aluminium checkerplate and JDM style seats).

RW is thinking in Aussie terms (doing the work himself), about a $5k build including vehicle purchase price.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I might have a new project idea.........................................................................................................................

• Like 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this isn't an SR20DET or RB26DETT or VK45 or TITAN engine swap with 6 speed??? No S15 front and rear suspension swap??? No 370Z 8 piston calipers on 15" rotors??? So again, what makes it worth 20K?

Wonder what I could get $$$ for some unneeded bodily parts and organs on the Black Market. Any takers.

Price seems more than fair cconsidering the amount of work that these guys put into this beauty. Spleen anyone?

It's a store manikin with flavor of the month dressings on the outside and little to hold it up on the inside. Sell your head, you could do as good for a lot less.

Hakosuka is the nickname for the Skyline, like dime for the 510. The Skyline is a line of cars first engineered by the Prince Motorcar Company in the early 60's. Prince was merged with Nissan in '66 and the Skyline was continued.

GM uses a certain performance 'trim level' under the SS package. Monte Carlo SS, Chevelle SS, Nova SS etc. There is no Hakasuka or Skyline 'option' that can be used on other models to make it a Skyline. Only a Skyline is a Skyline. This is nothing like a Skyline and should be ignored as such.

• Like 1

Hakosuka is the nickname for the Skyline, like dime for the 510. The Skyline is a line of cars first engineered by the Prince Motorcar Company in the early 60's. Prince was merged with Nissan in '66 and the Skyline was continued.

GM uses a certain performance 'trim level' under the SS package. Monte Carlo SS, Chevelle SS, Nova SS etc. There is no Hakasuka or Skyline 'option' that can be used on other models to make it a Skyline. Only a Skyline is a Skyline. This is nothing like a Skyline and should be ignored as such.

Misnomers are common and stick like flies to shit. 

There is no Hakasuka or Skyline 'option' that can be used on other models to make it a Skyline. Only a Skyline is a Skyline. This is nothing like a Skyline and should be ignored as such.

I don't know if I 100% agree with that... Only for the fact that the Datsun 240k exists (like Topher88s car). It's not a skyline, but you can add the appropriate parts to make it one. Maybe the only exception to the rule though.

I think it's just simple vernacular that's caught on to call them all Skylines. People car everything GTRr when in fact that's only a certain trim level. There are GTs, GT-Xs, and RS-Xs, but people will still call them GTRs. Hell... Look at how many people call the R35 a Skyline when it's not.