Oil Light Flickering (Fixed)

EdwardK

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still does it ... the pump... still does it ......the oil if it hasn't been changed in a while ... still does it ... motor ... still does it...... dash ... still does it ....reelect geo bush

...Dude. Are you trippin'? XD

Check to be sure that the insulation isn't torn, as the wire COULD be grounding out over bumps & other things.

This.

The sender grounds the wire to it below 508 PSI so any bare wire or chafed insulation that allow it to ground will turn it on.

Your sensor? Cheap and a good place to start...

Definitely a good place to start, thanks guys. If the pump itself was out... I'd prolly be able to hear something grinding right? It is a mechanical pump correct?

Occam's razor.

Ahhh, I see now. Makes a lot more sense.

Also, popped the hood and immediately spotted the problem. With that false transmission fiasco I pulled the wire out of the sensor taking the starter out. Re soldered it back in there, took her for a test drive and, walla! No more blinky light.

...Dude. Are you trippin'? XD

Definitely a good place to start, thanks guys. If the pump itself was out... I'd prolly be able to hear something grinding right? It is a mechanical pump correct?

yeah at freeway speeds it would start to be hard to maintain speed followed shortly there after by lock up and eventual bearing failure..... in any order .......or it could be a loud bang then bang bang bang bang till  u stop ... that's a broken rod ..... no bueno

Occam's razor.

Ahhh, I see now. Makes a lot more sense.

Also, popped the hood and immediately spotted the problem. With that false transmission fiasco I pulled the wire out of the sensor taking the starter out. Re soldered it back in there, took her for a test drive and, walla! No more blinky light.

SeanConnery.jpg

Oh, an educated man!

yeah at freeway speeds it would start to be hard to maintain speed followed shortly there after by lock up and eventual bearing failure..... in any order .......or it could be a loud bang then bang bang bang bang till  u stop ... that's a broken rod ..... no bueno

Eesh. I'll definitely keep on guard for that.

I do hate breaking rods. Most horrid sound/feeling in a vehicle I've ever experienced. Luckily it was an aircooled vw, so no biggie fixing it.

Oh, an educated man!

Hardly! Who is that an image of? All I can think of is Lord of the Rings, but I don't think that's right.

Hardly! Who is that an image of? All I can think of is Lord of the Rings, but I don't think that's right.

Sean Connery from the movie The Rock. He quotes "timeo danaos et dona ferentis." to Nic Cage who says back "l fear the Greeks even when they bring gifts." (demonstrating that he understands Greek) .

Sean Connery from the movie The Rock. He quotes "timeo danaos et dona ferentis." to Nic Cage who says back "l fear the Greeks even when they bring gifts." (demonstrating that he understands Greek) .

quote is @ 4:35. good fnn movie. a must watch.

http://youtu.be/7Q05BUzHNvI