Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is so much metal in me they could haul me in for scrap when I croak. My friend sonny just had this very thing done last year around this time. He feels great compared to how it used to bug him and cause all kinds of headaches. Hope it goes as good for you.

man, that's what I keep hearing, smoke! pain for a little while but the long term pay-off is worth it. I am to the point to where my neck no longer turn. I gotta swivel my whole upper bod to look left or right. the idea of titanium screws being torqued into my spine kinda made my butthole pucker up and suck buttermilk but if it'll stop the pain I gotta do it.

i swore off estate and garage sales for a few years but I stopped at one today because I used to live at the house about 20 years ago.

I passed on this:

vintage electric Huffy Mower with a Delco-Remy motor for $15.

huffymower.jpg

this crap came home with me tho:

20140830_164837.jpg

20140830_164912.jpg

20140830_165152.jpg

all this stuff + a buttload of other crap came so stupidly cheap I couldn't pass it up.

• Like 3

Carter Thermo Quad Used on '71 Dodges and a few others. I had a '70 Dart and the carter would heat soak. The next year saw the Thermo Quad with cooler running phenolic plastic body. Nice. The Holey, (dual pumper?)  I don't know much about. It has the front a rear mount floats that are unaffected by gas sloshing to the sides on hard corners.

• Like 1
This was sent to me by a  friend holidaying recently on North Stradbroke Island , with the statement “our furry friends never cease to surprise me”.

Fair walk along Flinders Beach on North-West side of Straddie a couple of days ago.  Koalas seem fairly tame over here.

Passed two sitting in she-oaks each about 2M off the ground.  Not spooked at all by the attention.  

Then, about half way along the beach we saw this young fellow actually running up and down the beach, and playing around the kids like a puppy

Then the little chap went about 20m into the sea, swam around for a good half hour fascinating onlookers, before coming back  to the beach.

Where he was interrogated by Constable Brian, and then released without charge.  The little chap took a while to recover from his swim.

We have never heard of or seen this behaviour before: a koala who likes to "play" with humans, and swim in the ocean.

Mail_Attachment1.jpg

Mail_Attachment2.jpg

Mail_Attachment3.jpg

Mail_Attachment4.jpg

Mail_Attachment5.jpg

Mail_Attachment6.jpg

Mail_Attachment7.jpg
  • Like 4

Na, it's supposed to get back up into the 80s and 90s later in the week.

I saw that yesterday when I checked the forecast, though it was more 70-75 for us up north of Seattle. Will see how it looks tomorrow, I'm hoping to get a few more rides in but it's time to put a tether on my battery for winter. Trying to get my blue bike back together and hopefully I'll have them both for next season