I have a broken red truck.

aeion

Hi guys! This might be in the wrong place but, oh well. Just thought I'd introduce myself. 

My name is Alex. I own this 1996 Nissan Hardbody

9426277024_f44f04373a_b.jpg

...no, not a Datsun, but I still feel like I can learn a lot and contribute a lot to this forum anyway. Future plans, however, do include eventually finding the perfect Datsun for me and loving it to death. But until then, I'll be around here and there helping out!

• Like 2
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the taped up headlights, looking good to me! Any engine shots?

That was just for fun before going to a drift event haha. They're back to normal now.

But sure! Super dirty but here it is. The only custom stuff in there is a grounding kit that I made and I retrofitted my Hella Supertones from my last car onto the truck.

8584420570_b1bd482dbd_b.jpg
HELLA II by AC Media, on Flickr

8583318745_c59cb11af6_b.jpg
HELLA by AC Media, on Flickr
  • Like 1

its not broken just worn and used 

start replacing with good and new and you will be happy 

truck looks good and some nice pics to boot 

Oh I'm always happy. Sometimes the suspension just whines like a three year old that doesn't want to do something.

Sweet, another hardbody!  But seriously, you need to lose that dildo shift knob.  Unless of course your gf borrows it from time to time. ;)  This is my 2wd.  I have more camber now since this picture.

truck2autocross_zps39a3036a.jpg

• Like 1

Replace with rubber bushings unless you race or like a harsh ride. Rubber grips both moving parts and flexes slightly with movement. It absorbs and does not transmit sound and vibration like polly will. Polly is too hard and non compliant so one part or both chafe causing squeals and worse... they wear. Bushings end up oval. This is just another racing innovation that does not translate well for street use like spoilers, driller rotors, headers.

I've been growing tired of the shift knob (I get bored with them pretty often) so I might be getting another one before too long. And as far as bushings go, I've already got a set of poly leaf bushings in the shop. It's just a matter of putting them in. Nothing about my truck is comfortable and I've accepted that fact so it shouldn't be much worse than it already is lol. If I can't stand it, I'll look back into rubber.

What?  I have poly bushings in both the shackles of the red and white truck.  The red truck has had them for two years, no issues.  Did you use enough sil-glyde?  (Silicone lubricant)  Poly bushings need lots of grease.

• Like 1