510 repro sheet metal body panels plus

This is both a blessing and maybe the proverbial nail in the coffin. New sheet metal production can only mean that supplies are low and demand is high. Looks like the Datsun cat may be making its way out of the bag. Do you think car and parts prices will skyrocket or will the 510 be the Japanese equivalent to the Volkswagen bug in both cult status and parts reproduction?

According to JNC, Futofab has these parts and others listed already in production or in the pipeline.

What do you guys think???

Futofab-Datsun-510-fender-640x480.jpg

Futofab-Datsun-510-hood.jpg

Futofab-Datsun-510-sill-640x480.jpg

• chrome plated front & rear bumpers
  • bumper brackets
  • front fenders w/ and w/o side marker holes
  • headlight buckets w/retainer rings
  • hoods
  • hood trim
  • fender “eyebrow” trim
  • lower grille trim
  • front valance
  • quarter panels
  • tail panels
  • rear valance
  • tail light trim (retainer & overlay)
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 threads even.

Yeah, and prototypes are ready, but rocker panels, hood hinges and a few other smaller things will be coming first. I think JNC just copied Dave's original announcement, which can be found somewhere around here. On a phone or I'd link it.

I don't think he is trying to bring to our attention that parts are becoming available, but more trying to start a discussion on what this means for the future of 510s.  Is thepure "cult" status kind of going away and its turning into the Japanese VW where everybody has one because parts are easy to get?

Just because it will be easier to get parts does not mean there will be more cars on the road.

I think it means that if you have the money, you can get a new part instead of searching for a used one.

The amount of cars will stay the same.

Nothing will change.

• Like 1

not true, the mount of cars will go up, cause all the rusted "ruby's" out there will get fixed and be put on the road instead of in the garden, think of how many cars we have decided to part out or not buy becasue there was too much rusted out or parts missing.... those cars will be built now....

• Like 1

Unless the 510keeper clones himself, I don't see a lot of  those rusty rubys being brought back from near death. The average joe doesn't have the knowledge and resources to pull it off. So I don't see a sudden influx of 510s to the market. Mostly, I think the wider availability of parts will help stabilize the entropy of the current 510 population.

So, if you're one of those owners that take secret delight in seeing the demise of another 510 going to the scrap yard because it means a slight increase int the value of your car, then, yes, this news may be a bummer.

• Like 2

Unless the 510keeper clones himself, I don't see a lot of  those rusty rubys being brought back from near death. The average joe doesn't have the knowledge and resources to pull it off. So I don't see a sudden influx of 510s to the market. Mostly, I think the wider availability of parts will help stabilize the entropy of the current 510 population.

So, if you're one of those owners that take secret delight in seeing the demise of another 510 going to the scrap yard because it means a slight increase int the value of your car, then, yes, this news may be a bummer.

Have you seen the shit boxes that the Canadians are salvaging?

new parts are welcome  and hopefully they are as good as the originals 

it will bring the used part market down but only if the repro parts fit as good as used 

some of the z parts are reproduced and they are way cheaper then used ones from a very good supplier

good used originals might still carry more value then reproduced new parts