NEED HELP GUYS!!! Datsun 810 DIESEL Alignment?!?!?!

So my mother has tried every place in Los Angeles to align her 1982 Datsun 810 DIESEL Maxima. She has even tried several Nissan dealers...PROBLEM: No one can or knows how to align a Datsun 810 from 1982!!! Do any of you know how we can align this car in Los Angeles or anyone you know, my mom just put brand new tires on it and the mileage is at only 80k original.

ANYONE can give me the magic answer??? You will be paid with BEER   $$$$

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have your Mom try the Bear Alignment shop just South of Gasoline Alley in [i believe] Torrance, the borders run together in crazy quilt  fashion there.  It's just North of the Felix the Cat sign.  Almost as bad as my typing, don't ask how many corrections I made before the final posting.  810 Diesels need a little love too!

How can no one align this?

I would've had it done in minutes. 

I was wondering the same thing, who cant align this car? cause I dont wanna take that shop ANYTHING.

Only adjustment they can make is toe. Don't get suckered into doing a four wheel alignment. 

This too. There is no way to adjust rear anything on this car. Just align the front wheels.

Most of the newer shops don't have the info for these cars. You need to find an older shop that can do it.

I have a guy here in town that can do it, but it's about an hour and a half drive for you.

Yeah, but any shop worth it's salt should be able to figure it out.  I mean, jeezus, have them dig into wikipedia at work.  Much less, alignment is alignment.  Set the toe to a Z car of that year, there are a million ways to do it.  It's not like it's going to need camber adjustments unless your mom is autocrossing it.

I used a spare set of rims so the string wasn't against tire rubber. With help you have someone swing the strings inward till the they just touch the front of the rims. Do several times until you feel confident you have the same position each time. Measure between the strings at the front of the rims and 30 (or more) feet away. Parallel is parallel, wider out front is toe out (what I had, about 8" different) narrower out front is toe in. As long as you have some slight toe in you're good. More than good enough to drive to an alignment shop. I've been to Canby trice and 2-3K miles and everything is good.

Took less than two hrs. Including leveling the car side to side, rim changing, adjustments and re-checking.....

• 2 weeks later...

Its downtown LA, I would probably have her adjust toe in front and forget the rear. However, to have no shops locally tell her this car is "un-alignable" is pretty stupid. She drives the car everyday, so its a car that gets used as a daily driver. AND it is by far more reliable that any car out there. Thank you all for the help, I will start looking into a place to at least tell me its damn straight.

Have your Mom try the Bear Alignment shop just South of Gasoline Alley in [i believe] Torrance, the borders run together in crazy quilt  fashion there.  It's just North of the Felix the Cat sign.  Almost as bad as my typing, don't ask how many corrections I made before the final posting.  810 Diesels need a little love too!

This will be my last input to this item!  The Bear Alignment shop I referenced is "Irvine's Wheel Alignment" 24906 South Normandie Ave. Harbor City CA 90710.  Phone number 310-3268333.  They have been there as long as I can remember, and if they can align a 1967 RL 411 and a 1990 240 SX they can certaintly align your Mom's 810 Diesel!  My 1990 Infiniti has not yet required their assistance but I completely trust their skill and honest work.  I just had them do a 4 wheel alignment [since new] on my 1990 240SX after one of my daughters drove it off the driveway ramp and bounced the entire left side suspension off the curb [kerb for our United Kingdom friends] and really messed up the driveability!.  Great job!  It really needed it.  Have your Mom call or just drive to the location.  She will get an honest appraisal of work needed and a fair price for needed work.  Good Luck, take care of your Mom!  She has a very reliable vehicle and deserves to have it as servicable as is humanly possible.

• Like 1