What are you reading? The book thread.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold most of my fantasy first editions to down size when we moved a year and a half ago. I decided fist editions weren't worth enough to hang on to seeing I had most of what I wanted. So now I collect signed first editions. 3 shelves worth in this pic are now gone.SANY6589_zpsaa1fd656.jpg

Currently reading nothing

Current favorite author is Patrick Rothfuss. If you like fantasy read him.

Other favs

Raymond Feist-riftwar

Katharine Kerr-deverry series

Robert Jordan-wheel of time

Mickey zucker reichert

Terry Goodkind-sword of truth. "Wizards first rule is people are stupid"

Tad williams-Memory sorrow and thorn trilogy

Hunter was a real piece of work. The type of dude that would take a handful of pills from a stranger, swallow them and then ask what they were.

Never read his stuff until recently. I was a bit caught off guard by how funny it is. "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" was a surprisingly entertaining read. His motorcycle magazine reviews in the years before his death were a riot. 

• 1 month later...

Dude...seriously do. It will probably fuck you up a little at first.

This book is awesome so far. Thanks for the referral :thumbup:

To answer your question about American Heroes: Profiles of Men and Women Who Shaped Early America. It is a brief study of early New England really and a nice intro into the Howard Zinn book as it doesn't gloss over the bad side of shit.

Love me some Hunter. He has a knack for wacky shit. :D

Bill Murray playing the part. :lol:

99132_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Nemesis by Asimov, 2001: A Space Odyssey by Clarke, now reading The God's Themselves by Asimov. I think I will read Hyperion next. I will give you a hint I am reading the Top 50 Sci-Fi books per this list http://scifilists.sffjazz.com/lists_books_rank1.html

Have read about 40% of those and they are true science fiction not that fantasy 'stuff' that gluts the book store shelves once you throw out the endless Star Trek, Star Wars crap.  

Anything by Philip K Dick the biggest mind fucker ever.

Niven for creating a whole universe to play in ... Clark was the first Si-Fi I ever read back in the early '60s. Eventually found a copy of Childhoods End!!!

The Dune trilogy but forget anything by Brian Herbert.