Photo shoot for Nissan's 80th Anny

photoshoot002_zpscc2082f9.jpg

So a few of us So Cal Datsun heads were chosen to be a part of Nissans 80th anniversary. They at first contacted Mr Big tanker to use his truck, But lucky me he pulled the motor the week before. So he gave them my info and I was contacted to be a part of this.

They sent a transport company out to pick up my car on Thursday, Well the BIG ASS trailer they sent didn't work. My car was to low to make it up the ramp. Well in the process of trying to get it up the ramp my header flange got high centered on the trailer and broke my header up at the head flange. I was just a little upset.

So the owner of the company called me and said they would send another flat bed to get the car. And they would take care of the broken header. Cool!!! So they finally got my car loaded up and off to Long Beach. This was done at Thunder studios in Long Beach. They did a total of 11 cars this last week for this world wide ad campagin. YEAH BABY!!!!!!

I drove down to Long Beach on Friday, Got there about 8:00AM. So I walk into this huge studio and we went to stage #14

They had my wagon a Patrol, And A 240Z for the last day of the shoot. First thing we did was have a nice sit down breakfast. Chef making omlets, fresh fruit, breads, coffee, juice. You name it it was there.

Next stop wardrobe, They wanted me to have the whole surfer dude theme. But I guess tattoo's are frowned upon so I had to wear 501's. I have a couple tat's on my lower leg. Cool part was I had some really cute girls helping my with outfit

It was just a little weird. I had to drop trow with about 20 people in the room. Oh well I'm not proud.

They must have taken a few hundred photos of me with my car. And just the car alone. What a great day. I left there about 4:00PM. Oh and they are going to pay us for the day,

• Like 7
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn this is so cool let us know where we can see the photos later when they are posted 

Next 

motor swap just make sure they are done with all the pics 

Yeah man.  My car is still down in Torrance. The transport co has to fix the broken header then I'll get her back and start working on the swap.

That should have been me,but it was not John way to go,you have been in this community way longer then i have so it should of went to you,but my truck is nicer.lol :poke:

Just because you spent 10X the money don't make it better..

• Like 2

Still talking about money I see...

Datrod, do you know what kind of promotional materials these will be for? Magazines, posters, calendars... they give you any clue?

Never really got a clear answer from anybody. But what I do know is it's a global ad campaign for Nissan's 80th anniversary. What I was told it's going to be an internet thing. And might even be printed. I guess what they are looking for are Nissan owners and their story of why they love their cars. All I'm hoping for is a studio quality poster size photo of my wagon.

• Like 1

Datrod, do you know what kind of promotional materials these will be for? Magazines, posters, calendars... they give you any clue?

Always. It's a good thing to have,and he knows what I am talking about.

Fuck... that is so cool.

Tanker,, wtf? Once I got that phone call.. I'd be running into the garage before I even hung up to start stuffing that engine back in.. lol

And, If I called ftlallday and levigideon the it would be running in an hour. Dudes work magic.

Well the funny thing was they picked up his car by truck and they never drove it.Also never took pics of under the hood so all the flashy stuff was for nothing.Its ok though they have my number and he will get back with me,but John deserves it he has been a douche bag a lot longer then me.lol

Hold on there cowboy. I've never been called a douche, But you on the other hand, Well I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 1

My truck was picked also for this and Goki's 2+2.  They said they would send me copies of all the photos they took. What an awesome day it was , it was way more than I expected! They wanted me to have that surfer/skater vibe also and made me get on a a long board and do some stuff next to my truck. Yeah trying to stay on the board and focus on the camera .... not so easy , but I had fun

What is this orange you speak of ??? I don't really care for orange. I kinda like my wagon just the way it is thank you very much.

I know one thing for sure. I need to loose some weight. FUCK I'm a fat ass.