610 irs vs 510 irs....coke challenge

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main difference is what they are attached too. The 610 coupe is far more fucking sexy.

Right? 

agreed i want a 610 coupe one day ...had i known nismodr's was for sale i woulda swooped it up...before adam...lol

:fu:

• Like 1

Believe it or not I have a day job and am not always available for a taste test.  Besides... Bonvo knows 610s.

510 wheel tread is 50", the 610 is 51 and almost 52 at the back but this could also be attributed to an extra 1/2" wheel off set? There is also some difference to how the axles are attached to the side gears. I think jon said there is a bolt behind the U joint on the axle stub holding it on?

Believe it or not I have a day job and am not always available for a taste test.  Besides... Bonvo knows 610s.

510 wheel tread is 50", the 610 is 51 and almost 52 at the back but this could also be attributed to an extra 1/2" wheel off set? There is also some difference to how the axles are attached to the side gears. I think jon said there is a bolt behind the U joint on the axle stub holding it on?

But there are two versions of axles. The early ones bolt in like 510s so maybe that setup would work. 

The cross member is not the same part number as the 510 but looks like the LCAs are the same

Later numbers on the 510 are a closer match to the 610. Seems reasonable that the 510 IRS morphed into the 610 right?

[...]

Only Bonvo? ;)

There is a difference, actually. It is in the rear crossmember.

The 610 rear crossmember has a difference in width. 1200mm (47.2 inches) on the 610, for reference. 

i know the crossmember is different in both bend and length but was most curious about track width ... i was also informed that the extra width my be because of the wheel difference...just trying to se eif its a good option under my goon ... since the 510 ones are hard to find right now ..... does anyone have a hub to hub measurement on the 510 width ....

The only thing I remember about this was the 610 SSS cross member was the sought after one twenty years ago when I was dirt Rallying 510's.

The reason being was the control arms were mounted slightly wider i.e. more track which when combined with the rest of the suspension setup gave the car a better "turn in".

There was some trick getting them to fit to the 510 as memory serves me the mustache bar on the diff was a Cnut of a thing to get to line up but for the life of me I can't remember what the solution was.