Barn Find 65 Wagon low miles....

raceneely

411 Freaks, I was on a road trip yesterday and came across a 1965 411 Wagon, in near perfect condition. It was stored in a sea container in the desert for maybe the last 15-20 years. It has a 1200 engine in it that matches the VIN badge. Question is are there any parts for these J12 engines? I assume it is a J12...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The E1 engine was also in the 320 truck.  Some parts are available in the aftermarket and/or cross over with the J13.  The E1 originally was a licensed copy of an MG engine, and some of the still available MG parts will fit.  From what I've read, they are pretty bulletproof little motors.  If the engine is complete I'm pretty sure you can get it running again. 

Post some pics of the wagon! 

Legend has it that the unicorns also used the E engine in early Datsun fork lifts, so an inquiry at you local friendly fork lift repair shop might provide some surprise genuine Datsun engine parts. Happy hunting [but not unicorns, they're out of season].

There are a few good fork lift repair shops in the Long Beach area.