1976 710 Sedan

I found this 710 on Craigslist.  For most part its a complete survivor.  86k original miles.  According to the previous owner it came from Central Oregon and was owned by an Old Grandma, thus the license plate frames.  I'm going to try to clean it up and make it my daily driver.

aqZYtj4.jpgFIR7qnC.jpghtIcGLB.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it actually looks like the car was painted once in its life as the paint isnt oxidizing the clear coat is pealing and since the original paint didnt use clear coat it points to a respray

paints starting to oxidize if I remember right tristin. he might not want that look.

I missed that somewhere then. All the pictures I remember, it looked great. Maybe a good cut and buff will fix the paint. 

Either way, cant wait to see what you do with this. 

paints starting to oxidize if I remember right tristin. he might not want that look.

Its not the paint that bothers me. Its the peeling clear coat.  I have considered just putting a new clear coat on.  I haven't decided.

• 2 weeks later...

1kzmrx8.jpg

Looks like the original spare.  I havent cleaned out the truck but that is very light rust.  Under the spare It's still super solid.

ZVj348k.jpgThe rust gods have been kind.

I am trying to stock pile some parts.  For now I am going to do some basic maintance to make it ride and steer better.  The car is sketchy on the freeway so, I'm starting  off with new front wheel bearings, brakes, strut rod and control arm bushings.  

mhvgCef.jpg

It looks like my wife will be helping me with this build. :thumbup: .  Btw this is our first build.  

C1dEeTo.jpg

Anyone know who's name this is?  _ _ _ _ _tomo.

ALZpzhH.jpg

• Like 2