if you own a datsun, you should also own one of these!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always used a wood wedge. Never new there was an actual tool.

I saw in the Datsun manual that that wood wedge is a factory specified tool, and it gives dimensions of how to make it.  That's what I was about to do before this thread popped up and I got lazy and ordered one!

Well shit, I always considered that "factory tool" as silly as needing the special wrench to adjust the valves.  I always use a small screwdriver and wedge the handle down in-between the tensioner.  Works like a charm every time.  ;)  But then my oil pump pre-lube tool is a screwdriver with a square shaft too.

Well shit, I always considered that "factory tool" as silly as needing the special wrench to adjust the valves.  I always use a small screwdriver and wedge the handle down in-between the tensioner.  Works like a charm every time.   ;)  But then my oil pump pre-lube tool is a screwdriver with a square shaft too.

There is also a special Nissan factory tool for adjusting the top side adjusting screw/ nut combination for shift adjustment on the British Borg Warner automatic transmissions on the RL411 and early 510 sedans and wagons.  A Crow Foot adapter works just as well!  Sure costs less!  If you own an early model vehicle you have to be creative!

Oh balls, is that a FRAM filter on that engine?!!! Bad Doug!!  Wait, were you painting the block? ;)

Correct....Fram FTW!!!!!...... :lol:

I also like to remove all the exterior parts of the engine block and give it a fresh coat of rock gaurd paint......TC cover included... :D

• 5 months later...