My 72 521

Dat-girl

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice build and all that, I looked at the completed pics and something just didn't feel right when looking at them and I couldn't put my finger on it then went and looked at another 521 thread and it dawned on me the front turn signals are missing. It looks bland in that area now.

nice build and all that, I looked at the completed pics and something just didn't feel right when looking at them and I couldn't put my finger on it then went and looked at another 521 thread and it dawned on me the front turn signals are missing. It looks bland in that area now.

Yea, I shaved turn signals and front and rear side marker lights as well as all the emblems... I personally think all the lights were just bulky and not in a good way on the truck... that's why they are gone now.

maybe scallops like on the sides of the truck would take away that bland look where the turn signals were

We all like different things I guess but I built her how I wanted it. Thanks to my husband who did all my paint work she turned out better than I could have imagined.

• Like 1

Yea, I shaved turn signals and front and rear side marker lights as well as all the emblems... I personally think all the lights were just bulky and not in a good way on the truck... that's why they are gone now.

Did you replace the directionals up front?  If they are there, great job of hiding them, 'cause I can't see 'em.

Do u have different laws in KY? I thought by law you're supposed to have turn signals. Or maybe you dong give a f.lol.

yeah i definitely DONG give a fuck either ...clearly by my legal troubles i DONG give any fucks at all

2012-07-25103415.jpg

I wondered if this was the same truck... I remember seeing it the first time you posted that pic, and people commented on your hub caps and roof rack... And we're still talking about your wheels and rack!  Not much changes around here. :lol:

I like both the before and the after.  Different flavors, but I think both are good.  Personally, I like the look of the shaved turn signals up front better.

It looks great for a retro ride! The red wheels look better from that angle, but for me, they don't "pop". Obviously, it's your truck, so as long as your happy, Great! But, here is what I'd do if it were mine; and maybe not this color exactly, but some kind of accenting bronze/gold/brown:

1_IMG956483.jpg

Hey thats my old truck lol

I'm loving the retro paint job..always wanted to do something like that

• Like 1

We all like different things I guess but I built her how I wanted it. Thanks to my husband who did all my paint work she turned out better than I could have imagined.

nice looking truck that's for sure and your husband did great work. My opinion about the space where the front signals were is just that my opinion.