DATQUICK DATFAST DATSUN!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm askin for your guys advice and oppinion so I can make it eight, as of today I made the red wire into black wire and put it in the threaded pole on alternator and moved negative cable end ground to bolt spot right behind fuel pumo on passenger side adter I cleanedthe rusty end real well and cleaned the ground wire that's on the passenger side radiator bolt on top, does anyone have this bolt or ground here to ? Is that normal

What I see attached from the - batt cable is a ground wire. ,why use it if the big batt cable is already to ground, unless it goes to a specific powered unit. (Lights, electri motor ect...)

Hainz the battery cable to ground on the block is good but for things grounded to the body sheet metal how does it get to the battery ground??? engine/trans/differentia, exhaust, shocks... are all rubber isolated from the body making it difficult. A seperate ground strap from battery to the body is a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I only had 1 of 2 bolts holding trans to cross member and it was stripped so had to take bolts of trans itself and drop crossmember and mounts n all and took me some doin to get it out, so I rethreaded holes added 2 bolts snugged em down put crossmember back ip bolted mount to tranny and connected driveline bolted carrier bearing which is brand new down and hooked speedo cable back up and 2 reverse wires I had to steal back up neutral safety switch from other tranny I had, took off shifter plater on transmission tunnel filled trans with gear ol put plug back in and put interior back together, tightened front center link added cotter pin

• Like 1

I did move negative cable to ground hole right behind fuel pump where you guys designated and I made it a new big gauge black wire so no ones confused , and moved it to top of alternator bolt like you guys mentioned as well, hooked up my battery lights seem to work,

Got bored when it got dark so made a datsun 620 hot wheels shift knob for shits n giggles

Made new ground for lights made it was a good one and have yet to put another fuse in link under glovebox evey time I did last time it popped as soon as it touches, so tomorrow got to figure that out worked great 3 months ago

I still only have high heater fan and no low fan

Ordered full rebuold kit for one of my l20s so that will be my winter project tinkering and gf ordered me a set of h4 halo lights , anyone know if I should put them in brights or low beams ? It says has both high and low beam dual fillament bulbs so not sure what that means, any clue?

I wasn't sure how the heater spring came out so I just pryed on it and hoped for best glad Its just plastic clips and it popped off and , yep like datsun mike and redeye said the thing wasn't touching other side so I bent it around it and made it secure, turned the key and heatd the fan turn on on the first click , yeehaw now I have low and hot and the bottom cable that closes the bottom valve is not attached and I see where it needs to be attached it justs to loose and it doesn't pull in our out on valve, cable is not brokennbut I don't no where it clips or hooks to to keep it tight

• 10 months later...

Yea ,since my trucks been down and out for so long the motivation and lack of drive and enthusiasm is insane.i still look at it and day dream and remember cold lonely nights with just me and my datsun,and between the spiders green algae and pine needles it's depressing,I don't even have the parts like you,