POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be a bad ass swap but you would have to update the whole drivetrain including finding a transmission that can handle the power, also engine management since the stock computer wouldn't work.

From what I understand, Wolf Creek Racing Products make some wild HP handling drivetrain components, and you could always MegaSquirt it ;-) it would truly be an amazing swap of it could be pulled off lol, almost SuperCar type status ;-)

From what I understand, Wolf Creek Racing Products make some wild HP handling drivetrain components, and you could always MegaSquirt it ;-) it would truly be an amazing swap of it could be pulled off lol, almost SuperCar type status ;-)

Definitely supercar fast if it's a light weight body GTRs are heavy!

Got sent this from the "whidbey island craigslist" called "Drew's list"

1976 Datsun 510 Station Wagon
"Classic Old Friend"
Needs work & TLC but runs
with many new parts including battery

Asking $550 obo
$50 to drewslist

Contact Karran at:
karranrobert@gmail.com

cruiser.jpg

It looks more like an 80's a10 to me ;)

Would be a bad ass swap but you would have to update the whole drivetrain including finding a transmission that can handle the power, also engine management since the stock computer wouldn't work.

I would have an adapter plate made at HASPORT, and then mount it to a Getrag V160. I would use MegaSquirt III for tuning since it supports the variable cam timing adjustment.

We could fit that in a C110 or C10, right?

$6K is a bit steep. Non runner, no interior and the body needs to be stripped down repaired and repainted and new rubber... more likw $3- $4K max. Or am I far off?

Yeah that's steep.  Looks like it had an engine swap in it prior.  Either it had a custom oil pan, or the front crossmember has been swapped back out with a stock unit.  My guess is; he has another car that the best parts went to, and  all the left overs went on that car... Or he sold the drive train to recoup his money.  It has expensive front seats, and the suspension sounds like it's done... But buying all the little stuff the interior is missing, and dropping in and engine and such (L20B, 71B transmission), I'd say you will end up spending up to another $2000.  So yeah, I'd like to be in the car at $2500-$3000.

• Like 1