Engine Sway Bar?

j_boy_619

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strut brace.

It's one of those things that people put on because everyone else does. A racing innovation like a spoiler, catch can, headers or an air dam, that doesn't translate well for use on the street.You'll never notice the difference unless you race your car. (may not even if you do) Spend the money on a really good set of brake pads, shocks on the back or put towards a set of sticky tires. 

*strut bar

sway bars are under the car, can really reduce roll and definitely

one of the worth while mods out there.

as for the strut bar, i think your best bet is to either assemble one yourself or

have someone fab em up for ya. even if they dont do shit for ya, youll be one of the

few/only b210s online to have one and your pic will circulate and hopefully people

will like it and that will make you feel good :)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

They do work, back in the early 90's we took a trash trail car(rotten drivers side strut,put the bar in),beating,and broke it..that fucker made many more trails after the bar

Strut brace.

It's one of those things that people put on because everyone else does. A racing innovation like a spoiler, catch can, headers or an air dam, that doesn't translate well for use on the street.You'll never notice the difference unless you race your car. (may not even if you do) Spend the money on a really good set of brake pads, shocks on the back or put towards a set of sticky tires. 

where can i find brake pads for a '76 datsun.  ive searched everywhere

what kind of pads? stock pads can be found at rock auto or any autoparts place on the planet really it took me a whole 3 seconds to find a crapload of options on rock auto 

^ yep, rock auto. the savior of ratsun.

also, a few years ago i saw a japanese video of a company (tein or similar, cant recall)

that had a strut bar installed......

nevermind, found it, and it was cusco my bad

I'm sure that some bracing is good on some cars and maybe more so on others. The vid was like an infomercial. The gauge with the dial and jacking up one wheel.... what does that mean anyway? Same as the suspension moving 6mm more than without. It seems meaningless to me. Is 6mm a big deal??? (maybe on a GTR?) Seems like it only impresses a race car driver. Me? or anyone else? are they going to be able to tell the difference? Is there a difference? Because most of the time it's along for the ride and (maybe) does something when you're sideways. Seems like spoilers. Everyone wants a spoiler because 'race cars have 'em'. But the average driver never drives fast enough for the spoiler to actually do anything! Is the average, or not so average, driver going to drive their car hard enough to 'feel' 6mm of extra suspension travel????

It it was so good why wouldn't the car maker put one on? Maybe the gain isn't worth the bother.  .

If electronic ignition is so great, why doesnt my car have it stock?

If you cage a car and get the feal of it, you start to realize things you never noticed. 710s, b210s, 1200s flex... alot. And in the backroads you will feal it. Or at least you will once you feal a car without flex. Most datsuns have alot.

If you can tell of not depends on how you drive your car. It doesnt need to be on the track to tell the difference although that is where it will be most apparent. Comparing them to spoilers isnt really fair because a strut brace works all the time even when not turning, not just as crazy speed.

Datsuns have a crazy amount of flex anything that can help that is a good thing. 

If you just want to drive your car around like a Grandpa, then don't worry about any UPGRADES to your suspension or body, but if you really want to get out and enjoy driving your Datsun on a more high paced manner, then UPGRADES are very nice to have. I have both a stock 1200 and a modified 1200, the stock one is fun to cruise around in, but the smile on my face is huge when I am out driving the modified one. It is all up to what one wants to do...........

nismo provides strut bars, and i believe some s13s/14s might have come stock with them in japan or as an option?

last time that video was posted thats exactly what someone else said, that it was pretty much like an infomercial,

which is the only reason i hesitated to post, but then posted anyways aha.