cost of amunition

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, a thread where even I can comment.

Despite our totally fucked up gun laws, .22lr is still allowed to be owned.

On average, we pay between $50-$55AUD for 500 rounds (we call them a brick).

Based on my research, .22 ammo prices (in the USA) have escalated to a degree due to, amongst other things, "preppers" recognizing they are the essential (to a degree) multi purpose calibre , i.e. handgun and long arm compatible.

Anyway. WTF would I know, I'm just some poor schmuck who lives on the bottom half of the world :)

Well are government just ordered about  1.5 billion rounds of ammo,that's right 1.5 billion rounds,they get first dibs before the general public,and you can take that to the bank.Thanks to all the Obama voters,No offense.I will see if i can find the article about the massive order,and don't you think its funny that are so called president wants to pull out of the war and yet what was the need of the large ammo purchase.

• Like 2

Due to all the retarted ass people panicking about the laws they'll never push through, people are buying like mad.

Fixed that for you ;)

I live in so Cal and a number of laws in my county already passed. You can call it retarted, but it's a real threat. Thankfully none of the laws don't allow me to go out and buy from a city 30 min away. Still doesn't change the fact I have to leave town to purchase something as simple a 9mm ammo.

Hmm, I only have 200 rounds of 22lr and probably 150 of .45.  Think I'm going to buy a bow.  Can't hear it coming, ammo can be made with natural fibers, and doesn't have any long term storage problems.  Dipshit doomsday preppers must have not watched Mad Max.  If it goes into a long standoff, gunpowder ammunition doesn't last forever.  Bows and arrows will though.

I would suggest joining a local forum like NWFirearms, PNW Guns, etc. There are still some good deals in their ammo classifieds. Plus, the sellers don't put quantity limits on their sales like Walmart, BiMart, Dicks or Big5. I haven't been looking for 22lr myself, but have seen some good buys on 12ga, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r. There are no GREAT deals out there, but generally speaking, forums seem to be more reasonable than gun shows.

When I was a kid, I'd come home from school and go plink 150 rounds or so with my bolt action long rifle. Or 50-75 rounds of .38, shooting used to be cheap. I can remember one day with my buddy's going through 1500 rounds on my .38 just fuckin off. Cleaned the gun twice that day and my fingers were covered in lead.

• Like 3