71 510 Goon aka extended extended cab RIP 620

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh yeah, bath! and a little wet sanding :)  as far as other part goes, i think im covered for now. Just the couple things i told you about. 

Just got all the lines flushed, had to hook up a bike tire stem to a hose to the gas lines to blow them out since I don't have an air compressor. Post photos later. Sooo much gunk in the lines. Not anymore. Brake lines as well  :w00t: and all replaced. 

Got all the wiring lined up except the headlights. But thats all. Running to town to grab a new clutch line from the master and some new bleeder valves so i can actually belled these suckers right. 

Fun day, Tied up most of the loose ends and had the car on the road in 6 days!  :thumbup: 

Putting it all back together, noticed this manual choke spot so we grinded a flat spot on my manual choke mounting threads and it fit like a glove. Its the little things...

FTL_7021_zps6408e522.jpg

Also, we took some inspiration from the 620 floating gas pedal and modified the 510 one to make a floating pedal. Can't take credit, Levi's idea..

FTL_7028_zps1376eb82.jpg

Also, now that my goon budget is basically tapped out, we are building up an exhaust using some of the sections on the 620.. for now..
FTL_7039_zps11a2984b.jpg

So last week I got these wheels, and decided to put my 14s that were on my truck to these wheels as a cheap solution. Turned out really kinda cool. 

Silver base coat followed by a few coats of blue and satin clear coat.

FTL_7041_zps324ac042.jpg

FTL_7044_zpsffa1300d.jpgFTL_7046_zps72707578.jpg

Mounted!

FTL_7054_zpsd92d356c.jpgFTL_7056_zps5baad8b9.jpg

My personal favorite...

FTL_7057_zps3be4af55.jpg

• Like 2