71 510 Goon aka extended extended cab RIP 620

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL 78's have a "recessed" core support.

huh learn something new every day 

huh, never noticed....

495BF193-9E46-4F83-B624-F1551AC31AD2-338

Yup 620 Datsun 101.... '75s and on with L20Bs used a larger or deeper 3 core rad  or maybe the clutch fan? At any rate the rad support is recessed. The 620 has pathetic bumper protection so the front ALWAYS gets creamed in even a minor accident.  Possibly the rad support was cut and and earlier one welded on... or the cab was swapped.

The frame VIN is on the top of the right front frame between the MM and the alternator.

.... So after this fire incident, I decided its time for a new cab. Luckily a local fella had been trying to sell a cab for months now. So i called him and setup a time to get it. 3 days later we were meeting to pick it up, he called and said the frame just got hit by a logging truck.... no shit, it was rediculous. Shit luck oh well. So now im on to find another Datsun to swap my motor into on a semi low budget.  this all happened just short of a week ago..

Today, I just might have found a solution hopefully. We will soon find out!

• Like 1

So I have decided on parting out this 620, more rust than I have ability or time to weld back into place :(  So I have decided to pull my motor & trans, and all that I can salvage off of it. Made a classifieds for whats for sale. Heres a link.

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/679-620-part-out/

Tomorrow is a big day. An upgrade is in the works and if everything works out as planned, I should have a running Datsun again soon. Heres some photos of the day. 

FTL_6651_zps98ff439a.jpgFTL_6662_zps78f97b5e.jpgFTL_6687_zpsad152823.jpg

A beautiful View...

FTL_6689_zpsf5695729.jpg

Sad, but this truck became unsafe after it caught on fire. 
Also, I picked up some new wheels today for cheap! :w00t: 

Some 6 spoke Z wheels & Set of Iron Crosses. KABOOM

FTL_6708_zpsd9398b56.jpg

So i have news. Today I picked up quite the Wagon from a friend. May look familiar to some. Its now replacing my 620, pulled the motor and trans and spent the last 11 hrs swappnig parts around and about. Heres whats happening.....

Went and picked it up this afternoon and had it towed home where a few friends helped get everything in line to make this go as smooth as possible.
FTL_6715_zpsea400414.jpg

A few photos of the car it self

FTL_6604_zpsc47a91e6.jpgFTL_6598_zpsad7b855e.jpgFTL_6720_zpsca55ddf4.jpg

Got it home to its brother wagon.

FTL_6721_zpsbaf47d99.jpg

FTL_6724_zps5aab51e3.jpg

Turned into Ratsun Eugene BBQ.. it was wonderful

FTL_6744_zpsadfe7403.jpg
FTL_6749_zps87199320.jpgFTL_6753_zps1da36a0b.jpg

More to come soon. Having some issues having clearance of the oil pan on the cross member. Probably just too tire to problem solve on it right now, but more to come tomorrow :w00t:

• Like 3

So after a few days of frustration, more progress prevails! Finally got it clearing the cross member by about a 1/8+- inch Thanks to Levi's mad scientist datto magic. :thumbup: 

Have most of the wiring hooked up at this point, ran out of light and energy, so we took a break to replace the dash with the super purdy one  :rofl: 

FTL_6841_zpsda9ffd62.jpgFTL_6839_zps48292644.jpg

Tomorrow its happening. I will be running again hopefully!