with pics!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres the one down the street from me that hadn't moved in at least 12 years. Maybe I can pick it up for the price of a fender? :confused:

Do not buy that just for a fender! Maybe buy it and take fender and grill and trim parts and then offer to a fellow Ratsun member for a good deal???? :thumbup:  Like someone who is close to the high desert like me :thumbup:

I'll see what I can do! I asked around quite a few years ago if anyone I knew, knew them. My nephew lives a couple houses down from them and stated that they were tweeker skinheads and he didnt wanna check it out for me. I'll leave a note on the gate and try to make the deal happen over the phone. Maybe I can make myself sound like the Hitler youth and get it for a song & dance...

• 1 year later...

Even if testing became necessary for 68 and up, it's hard to imagine anyone with a pre 75 (therefore pre most smog equipment) failing. The majority of us swap forward in time, to a motor that has smog equipment of some kind, or we keep it relatively the same (i.e. carb swaps -- it's still a carrb -- and L20b's into things that had L16s -- if your smog guy is willing to go to the trouble to spot the difference, just go to a shop with a lazier employee). 

There really isn't anything that they can do to make you add smog equipment where there was originally one, so cats are pretty much never going to be required on our old stuff. 

Even if testing became necessary for 68 and up, it's hard to imagine anyone with a pre 75 (therefore pre most smog equipment) failing. The majority of us swap forward in time, to a motor that has smog equipment of some kind, or we keep it relatively the same (i.e. carb swaps -- it's still a carrb -- and L20b's into things that had L16s -- if your smog guy is willing to go to the trouble to spot the difference, just go to a shop with a lazier employee). 

There really isn't anything that they can do to make you add smog equipment where there was originally one, so cats are pretty much never going to be required on our old stuff. 

Wrong thread