vg30 swap

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...wait for it.....

BOOM!

Seriously though, I have no experience with 720s. I will say that it would be great if you posted pictures of your truck and showed us what you are working with. We love pictures here (even though I sometimes don't include enough myself)

Also, check the search button. Again, I have no knowledge of the 720, but I have been looking into a VG30 swap for my 620 and it seems that the swap isn't worth it. Then again, maybe the 720 suspension is set up differently and the starter/alternator/every damn thing else won't give you the problems that us 620 owners have.

• Like 1

OK, if no one else will (and before Tristin gets in).

Dear FNG, welcome to Ratsun from Sunny Australia.

As Kirden has said, please post pics and use the Fckuing search button (located in the top right corner of the screen) for results about VG30 swaps.

Oh, and did anyone else mention this site is full of pic whores, so post pics of your ride.

• Like 1

Come on guys, there really is not that much fab work involved in getting a VG into a 620. And the 720 is basically the same size engine bay/frame area.

Seriously though, this is no small undertaking. I have about 20k on my VG620 now. The power is great, of course more power would still be better though.

There is a build thread of my VG620 in my signature, and somewhere in the middle of that thread there is a link to the thread that contains most of the fab pictures from the swap.

Now, after having done this swap successfully. 
I have a couple of recommendations..

1) the VG30de is not going to fit nearly as nice as the "e" motor. And the power booster among other things will definitely be in the way of the "de".

2) Skip the VG30e.

3) Nearly the same fab work is involved in getting you a VG33e.  :thumbup:

If you are considering this swap for the most power you can get, there is a combination of factory parts that is supposed to get you a fair increase in power over the VG33e. A fair bit of research is needed for this though.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Come on guys, there really is not that much fab work involved in getting a VG into a 620. And the 720 is basically the same size engine bay/frame area.

Seriously though, this is no small undertaking. I have about 20k on my VG620 now. The power is great, of course more power would still be better though.

There is a build thread of my VG620 in my signature, and somewhere in the middle of that thread there is a link to the thread that contains most of the fab pictures from the swap.

Now, after having done this swap successfully. 

I have a couple of recommendations..

1) the VG30de is not going to fit nearly as nice as the "e" motor. And the power booster among other things will definitely be in the way of the "de".

2) Skip the VG30e.

3) Nearly the same fab work is involved in getting you a VG33e.  :thumbup:

If you are considering this swap for the most power you can get, there is a combination of factory parts that is supposed to get you a fair increase in power over the VG33e. A fair bit of research is needed for this though.

Good Luck

Yello, your build is what has me afraid to start a VG swap on my 620. While it looks amazing, I just don't think I have the patience to pull it off. I commend you for finishing the swap. You did an amazing job and showed just how much work is really envolved.

• Like 2