rough three days. Quit tobacco.

I Quit the tabocco 72 hours ago, cold turkey. First 30 hours was tough and from then on it has been getting better. I Am forever done and dont care to ever go through quitting again. Found a brand new tin of cope Iin the truck today, and I threw Iit out the window. IT Iisnt easy but when your mind is set it isnt too bad.

• Like 6
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak
I Quit the tabocco 72 hours ago, cold turkey. First 30 hours was tough and from then on it has been getting better. I Am forever done and dont care to ever go through quitting again. Found a brand new tin of cope Iin the truck today, and I threw Iit out the window. IT Iisnt easy but when your mind is set it isnt too bad.

Good on you :thumbup:

:thumbup:

One day I will quit(especially if the prices keep going the way they are)

Never started down that path, but, kudos to you for Having a go at kicking the habit.

Not sure of U.S.A prices, however, over here a pack of 50 "lung busters" sells for at least $20 aud.

Beer and bourbon are my vices.

At least I can home brew beer and keep the prices down a bit!

• Like 1

I was sick of being a slave to the tin. I hate worring if ihad enough for the night, the day at work etc. The shit is a nasty whore and I gave her the boot. Im still on the downside of withdrawal but I will never again go through that.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
I was sick of being a slave to the tin. I hate worring if ihad enough for the night, the day at work etc. The shit is a nasty whore and I gave her the boot. Im still on the downside of withdrawal but I will never again go through that.

Thats the best way to look at it...

:thumbup:

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak
Good on you. Never stop stopping. My wife tried and failed many times. Eventually the stars were in alignment and it took. Never give up trying and never berate yourself for failure. Best of luck to you.

Mike, How did the wife end up quiting?

Mike, How did the wife end up quiting?

First time was cold turkey (for ten fuckin years). But job stress got her going again for a year. She mad a decision to change things and quit several times and succeeded last August with the help of nic. patches.

You know, those patches should be allowed to be on our drug plan or some kind of government subsidy.  Got to be cheaper to have people quit than to burden the health care system and then die early and not pay taxes.

How many people have been killed by smoking by tobacco companies who didn't give a shit and actually made tobacco plants that were even more addictive? And some nut job blows up a federal building killing all those young kids when they could have blown up Phillip Morris's corporate building and everyone who had a dead or dying relative would have applauded. Not saying this is the right thing to do, it's not. But tobacco companies aren't right either.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
First time was cold turkey (for ten fuckin years). But job stress got her going again for a year. She mad a decision to change things and quit several times and succeeded last August with the help of nic. patches.

You know, those patches should be allowed to be on our drug plan or some kind of government subsidy.  Got to be cheaper to have people quit than to burden the health care system and then die early and not pay taxes.

Dang,10 years cold turkey,

They do cover that stuff now(I think) read something about it , BC smoking cessation program.