PARTING OUT 1970 521

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a lot of parts for sale, doors $20 each, hood $20, left fender $20, tailgate $20, bed rack $50, l18 with w58 head $150, back bumper $30, vacuum booster with master cylinder and custom clutch pedal $100, frame $100, cab $100 and much more, pm or text thank you

If you have it, trans cross member for the stock 4-speed? (Assuming it was an l-16.) Shipped to 01007? It'd be nice to have one to chop for a 5-speed swap.

If you have it, trans cross member for the stock 4-speed? (Assuming it was an l-16.) Shipped to 01007? It'd be nice to have one to chop for a 5-speed swap.

fisch, there is not a removable transmission cross member on a 521, it just has a bracket the bolts to the frame cross member, there is a removable cross member/mount for the torsion bars past the said cross member, I have had to change that one out because of damage.

Are you missing your tranny mount bracket?

fisch, there is not a removable transmission cross member on a 521, it just has a bracket the bolts to the frame cross member, there is a removable cross member/mount for the torsion bars past the said cross member, I have had to change that one out because of damage.

Are you missing your tranny mount bracket?

I think that is what I meant Wayno. That thing you chop 2 inches out of in order to bolt in a dogleg. I have the stock one in my truck with the 4-speed, just though it would be convienient to have a bracket already welded up for when I get around to a swap. Though I can't imagine anyone going back to the 4-speed monkey motion shifter, so I should probably just chop the one that is in there.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that is what I meant Wayno. That thing you chop 2 inches out of in order to bolt in a dogleg. I have the stock one in my truck with the 4-speed, just though it would be convienient to have a bracket already welded up for when I get around to a swap. Though I can't imagine anyone going back to the 4-speed monkey motion shifter, so I should probably just chop the one that is in there.

Here is what I made for the 5 speed swap, fact is the 5 speed transmission swap needs the mount to be a little lower.

This bracket uses the common 720 transmission mount on all standard 720 transmissions.

DSCN0917.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

If you need a stock 520/521 bracket, I have one you can have, but it would be better to make a custom one in my opinion.

• Like 1

I still have

Tailgate $20

Electronic distributor with remote box $50

Stock l18 carburator $40

Both doors $20 each

Inside door handles $20

Plastic inside door pull handles $10

Cab with cracked front windshield and good rear window no excessive rust $50

Frame $50

Left front fender $10

Dash metal where instrument cluster goes $20

Truck bed with wheel wells cut out $50

Stock 4 speed driveline with center support $50

2 hoods one with some rust and one repaired. $20 each

L18 with w58 head and manifolds

Steering column $20

Power booster with custom clutch pedal and master cylinders $100

Front valence goes under front bumper $20

Extra left door with a little damage $15

Extra front fenders $20 each

Stock rear leaf springs $15 each side

Pm or text 5592027976

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.