Round 2, FIGHT! - now with a DE in progress(for real this time...)

Eagle_Adam

boosters usually bleed off pressure while your sitting with brakes on .....squishy is usually master related...my wifes blazer took three m/c to find one that I didn't think was malfunctioning..it ended up being a used one off a truck I knew worked the parts store ones kept going back ...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamee

fluid level looks to be the same( not low and not high)

dont think the master failed cus i can still stop 

the booster...... well i hope not :P

When my master went out I could still stop but there would be times it felt like i had no brakes. my man didnt believe me when i said there was something wrong with my brakes because everytime he drove it they were fine, I refused to drive my car and so we finally got a new master and we looked in the old one and it was toast.

You can check the booster by turning off the engine.. you should have one solid assisted brake with engine off. Second should feel like you are trying to stop a boat. It won't test efficiency of the booster though. soft brakes are either a bad MC or you still have some stubborn air in there....

I know it sounds like it, but it's not IMO. The brakes were fine for a week or so then all of a sudden bam.

How would air get into a sealed system when it wasn't tampered with?

If you pump the brakes while the engine is not running, and the issue returns, it's likely the master.

So I tapped on the MC in an attempt to see if I can free up the piston but no dice yet

But I took the cap off and had my dad pump the brakes. With the pedal down the fluid still rises in the reservoir which seems odd to me....

Probably going to put in a new MC, but now I have to look into what MC will be best for the rear disc brake upgrade

well, after a night of drinking at a company party im at work early to prove a point to the CEO (who called me out on my drunkenness and said i wouldn't even make it to work) Which means i can get off work early to go pick up my truck from the exhaust shop!!

Woot woot! cant wait to hear what she sounds like now :D 

thanx to Jrock for the flowmaster!! 

• Like 2